Re: [NTB] Missing Find and Search history dropdowns

  • Adrien Verlee
    Message 1 of 11 , Sep 20, 2011
      Op 20/09/2011 14:49, John Shotsky schreef:
      > search history disappears. I'm not aware of any technicality that makes a doc non-searchable, but it is persistent
      > across reboots.

      It is not logical, but do you have full permisions on the doc's *and*
      ini-file?
      --
      Adrien
    • Dave
      Message 2 of 11 , Sep 21, 2011
        Hi
        have you renamed your ini at all, when you restarted is it the same one ??
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        Message 3 of 11 , Sep 21, 2011
          It is not something I did. With 4 documents open, I can simply click between them with the search dialog open, and the
          subject documents will have no search history. The other ones do have the search history. I copied the 'bad' documents
          to new documents then overwrote the 'bad' documents with the new ones, and the problem went away. Still, they were text
          files that were somehow blocking, or interfering with the search dialog. That should not even be possible.

          Regards,
          John

          have you renamed your ini at all, when you restarted is it the same one ??
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          > Recently, my find and search histories have stopped working for some
          > documents. For other documents, it works fine.
          >
          > I reviewed notepro.ini using a different text editor, and see that there
          > are 15 items in both the finddialog and
          > replacdialog sections. So, it isn't that there are no entries. If I search
          > within a clip, all of the entries are present
          > and I can select the one I want. If I try to search in a new document,
          > there is no history. If I then do a few searches
          > in the new document, a history is not built. There is only one item, and
          > it is whatever NTP chooses to highlight when I
          > open the dialog.
          >
          > I didn't see anything amiss in the .ini file, both sections look similar.
          > And, of course, it works in some documents but
          > not others. Has anyone ever seen anything like this, and have an answer? I
          > use search extensively and find that I have
          > to type in my whole search term every time now in these documents.
          >
          > By the way, I have rebooted the computer, restarted NTP multiple times,
          > and the same documents behave the same way. If I
          > type in a search, it will search properly, but if I then dismiss the
          > search dialog, and then reopen it, there is no
          > history, no dropdown, nada.
          >
          > Thanks,
          > John

        • Adrien Verlee
          Message 4 of 11 , Sep 21, 2011
            Op 21/09/2011 17:21, John Shotsky schreef:
            > to new documents then overwrote the 'bad' documents with the new ones, and the problem went away. Still, they were text
            > files that were somehow blocking, or interfering with the search dialog. That should not even be possible.

            An issue of tempory-files?? Enough harddisk space?
            --
            Adrien
          • flo.gehrke
            Message 5 of 11 , Sep 21, 2011

              > Recently, my find and search histories have stopped working for
              > some documents. For other documents, it works fine...

              John,

              I've checked some TXT files from my disk and found several files where the Search History actually is lost.

              When opening those files and running...

              ^!IfFileUnicode "^##" Next Else False
              ^!Info File is Unicode
              ^!Goto End
              :False
              ^!Info No Unicode

              ...I found out that the History is lost if the file is Unicode (UTF-8).

              I can see no comprehensible reason why this should happen. Is it a bug?

              Flo
            • John Shotsky
              Message 6 of 11 , Sep 21, 2011
                Thank you. That explains why copying it to a new doc fixes the problem. I guess I will have to implement some sort of a
                forced rewrite to solve this. Hard telling what other symptoms might show up or not show up but cause problems. I would
                definitely call this a bug.

                Regards,
                John