Re: [NTB] Drag and Drop Text

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2011
      On 2011-09-15 13:39, atticusdraco wrote:
      > On another machine, (a notebook, vista, NoteTab Light NTL), I am able
      > to Drag text from other windows programs such as Internet Explorer and
      > just Drop the selected text into NTL with no problem
      > And vice versa btw, grab text in NTL, then 'Drag and Drop' to say
      > Google search box
      >
      > On the desktop (Vista, NoteTab Pro 6.2 (fv)) I'm no longer able to do that
      > I desire the Pro to behave like my NTL
      > Is there a remedy for this?
      Unfortunately not. NTB standard and light use different input methods
      (I've forgotten the technical terms). That used in Pro has other
      advantages over standard and light. As a result, AFAIK, this is never
      going to change.

      I thought I would find this explicitly in the HELP-Comparison Chart but
      unless I've missed it, its not spelled out anywhere (and IMO should be).

    • Atticus Draco
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2011
        'For realz,
        for if I knew about this 'inability' of Pro beforehand,,
        I WOULDN'T HAVE BOT IT!!
        that's NO joke

        As it is,, as soon as I get time,, I'm downloading Lite again!

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2011
          On 2011-09-15 16:32, Atticus Draco wrote:
          > 'For realz,
          > for if I knew about this 'inability' of Pro beforehand,,
          > I WOULDN'T HAVE BOT IT!!
          > that's NO joke
          >
          > As it is,, as soon as I get time,, I'm downloading Lite again!
          Atticus - for just that reason I also keep a current version of Notetab
          Light available when I want to use drag and drop. I also occasionally
          use PSPad (always free) for a couple of reasons though my primary text
          manipulation tool remains Notetab Pro.

          FYI - reasons I sometimes turn to PSPad - drag and drop from external
          sources, multiple free standing windows (including drag-drop between
          them) possible, show all search results, better rectangular selection
          and a couple of others.