Drag and Drop Text

  • atticusdraco
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2011
      '
      On another machine, (a notebook, vista, NoteTab Light NTL), I am able to Drag text from other windows programs such as Internet Explorer and just Drop the selected text into NTL with no problem
      And vice versa btw, grab text in NTL, then 'Drag and Drop' to say Google search box

      On the desktop (Vista, NoteTab Pro 6.2 (fv)) I'm no longer able to do that
      I desire the Pro to behave like my NTL
      Is there a remedy for this?
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2011
        On 2011-09-15 13:39, atticusdraco wrote:
        > On another machine, (a notebook, vista, NoteTab Light NTL), I am able
        > to Drag text from other windows programs such as Internet Explorer and
        > just Drop the selected text into NTL with no problem
        > And vice versa btw, grab text in NTL, then 'Drag and Drop' to say
        > Google search box
        >
        > On the desktop (Vista, NoteTab Pro 6.2 (fv)) I'm no longer able to do that
        > I desire the Pro to behave like my NTL
        > Is there a remedy for this?
        Unfortunately not. NTB standard and light use different input methods
        (I've forgotten the technical terms). That used in Pro has other
        advantages over standard and light. As a result, AFAIK, this is never
        going to change.

        I thought I would find this explicitly in the HELP-Comparison Chart but
        unless I've missed it, its not spelled out anywhere (and IMO should be).

      • Atticus Draco
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2011
          'For realz,
          for if I knew about this 'inability' of Pro beforehand,,
          I WOULDN'T HAVE BOT IT!!
          that's NO joke

          As it is,, as soon as I get time,, I'm downloading Lite again!

        • Alec Burgess
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 15, 2011
            On 2011-09-15 16:32, Atticus Draco wrote:
            > 'For realz,
            > for if I knew about this 'inability' of Pro beforehand,,
            > I WOULDN'T HAVE BOT IT!!
            > that's NO joke
            >
            > As it is,, as soon as I get time,, I'm downloading Lite again!
            Atticus - for just that reason I also keep a current version of Notetab
            Light available when I want to use drag and drop. I also occasionally
            use PSPad (always free) for a couple of reasons though my primary text
            manipulation tool remains Notetab Pro.

            FYI - reasons I sometimes turn to PSPad - drag and drop from external
            sources, multiple free standing windows (including drag-drop between
            them) possible, show all search results, better rectangular selection
            and a couple of others.