RE: [NTB] Load a file into second window

  • Harold Noffke
    Message 1 of 10 , Sep 13, 2011
      Art,

      Re: . make the "allow reordering" option setting to be retainable.

      I did not know it was possible to do this. I've used NTP for over a decade,
      and often wished this setting could be set as checked.

      Can you please direct me to a how-to on this topic? I am fully current with
      NTP v6.2/fv.

      Kind regards,

      RetiredEngineer1

      Message 2 of 10 , Sep 13, 2011
        Try reopening it with the File command and see if it reopens where you
        want it.

        Jeff

        On 9/13/2011 11:12 AM, Len wrote:
        > Good joke!
        > Dragging didn't work.
        > I tried dragging from the tabs along the top, and I tried dragging from the F6 index on the side.
        > Anyone have any suggestions how I can get a doc into second window?
        >
        > Thanks,
        > Len in Dallas
        >
        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Alex Plantema"<alex.plantema@...> wrote:
        >> Op maandag 5 september 2011 06:36 schreef Len:
        >>
        >>> How to load a file into the second window?
        >>>
        >>> I click inside the file that is already in the second window,
        >>> then clk to open a file. well, guess what?
        >>> the file loads into window 1.
        >>>
        >>> Anyway to get it to load into the second window?
        >> You can drag the file to the desired window.
        >>
        >> Alex.

        __

        Jeffery G. Scism, IBSSG

        These are the dawning days of the third American Revolution. Now is when we reckon the costs of what we have and consider the costs of getting to what we desire for our children's children.

        Survival is the knowledge, willingness, and readiness to act immediately, in avoidance, when the biological contamination is impelled in a lateral pathway to a catastrophic interface with the helical centrifugal aerodynamic oscillator impeller, and is non-systematically allocated in an accelerated radial dispersion arc of universal non-uniform bio-toxic distribution, which results in a non-recoverable situational status. (WTSHTF)
      • Len
        Message 3 of 10 , Sep 14, 2011
          > On Tue, 13 Sep 2011 15:26:47 -0400 Alec Burgess
          > <buralex@...> said (in part):
          > >
          > > From then on any clicks on tab bar replace left window's file.

          Thanks for the additional explanation!
          and sorry, I didn't realize it was so complicated.

          I didn't even realize there WAS a Second Window button, which thanks to you I have now added.

          Len

          PS not top posting is a hard habit to break!