Scrolling with the mouse in NoteTab Pro 6.2 (Used to be shift + ctrl + up/down)

  • feodosij
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
      Hi,
      I just upgraded from NoteTab Pro 4.9 to 6.2. I used to use shift + ctrl + up/down arrow to use the mouse for scrolling. For example, I would place the cursor at the start of a paragraph & then "shift + ctrl + down arrow" until the paragraph was at the top of the page.

      According to "Keyboard Shortcuts" in Help, this is now the way to select text paragraph by paragraph. I couldn't find a shortcut for what I want to do. I would be fine with setting up a shortcut myself, but I'm not sure if that's possible or how to do that.

      This is so disappointing; I used to use this feature all the time. Does anyone have any idea if this feature is still available in some way?
      Thanks!
      Bonnie
    • Sheri
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 5, 2011
        On 9/5/2011 12:14 PM, feodosij wrote:
        > Hi,
        > I just upgraded from NoteTab Pro 4.9 to 6.2. I used to use shift + ctrl + up/down arrow to use the mouse for scrolling. For example, I would place the cursor at the start of a paragraph& then "shift + ctrl + down arrow" until the paragraph was at the top of the page.

        I don't think that ever came up before. That's not the type of shortcut
        that can be reassigned, those are the ones tied to menu actions. You can
        of course use the scrollbar or mouse wheel. You could also put some new
        clips on your clipbar to do the tasks. In addition to simple up/down
        scrolling you could make a clip that scrolls the beginning of the
        current paragraph to the top of the view. If you'd like help with that
        please join the Clips list at <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/>

        Regards,
        Sheri
      • feodosij
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 7, 2011
          Thanks. I've never written clips before, and I'm not sure how much time I can give to learning that right now. I use this on my laptop, so I don't have a mouse wheel. I may go back to NoteTab Pro 4.9. I really miss this feature!
          Thanks,
          Bonnie

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Sheri <silvermoonwoman@...> wrote:

          > On 9/5/2011 12:14 PM, feodosij wrote:
          > > Hi,
          > > I just upgraded from NoteTab Pro 4.9 to 6.2. I used to use shift + ctrl + up/down arrow to use the mouse for scrolling. For example, I would place the cursor at the start of a paragraph& then "shift + ctrl + down arrow" until the paragraph was at the top of the page.
          > >

          > I don't think that ever came up before. That's not the type of shortcut
          > that can be reassigned, those are the ones tied to menu actions. You can
          > of course use the scrollbar or mouse wheel. You could also put some new
          > clips on your clipbar to do the tasks. In addition to simple up/down
          > scrolling you could make a clip that scrolls the beginning of the
          > current paragraph to the top of the view. If you'd like help with that
          > please join the Clips list at <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/ntb-clips/>
          >
          > Regards,
          > Sheri

        • feodosij
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 9, 2011
            This is strange... I tried the new NoteTab Pro on my PC at work, and the Shift+Ctrl+Up/Down still scrolls instead of selecting paragraphs. I don't expect anyone to know why there is different functionality with the same NoteTab Pro version on different computers, but I just wanted to let folks know.
            Thanks,
            Bonnie