Re: Rudimentary spelling checker

  • flo.gehrke
    Message 1 of 12 , Aug 4, 2011
      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, bruce.somers@... wrote:

      > I am quite discouraged to find that the ADDICT 2.0 dictionaries
      > used by NoteTab are not user-editable.

      I agree with Bruce. If the NT spell checker would use the latest ADDICT 4 technology we probably had a useful tool for editing DCT files: the "Dictionary Wizard" (see (http://www.addictivesoftware.com/dictwiz.htm).

      I got this information from Addictive Software:

      "We stopped work on Addict 2 almost 12 years ago - so this is something you really need to address with the Notetab Author.

      Dictionary Wizard does not work with Addict 2 Dictionaries - it is designed for Applications that use Addict 4.

      No there is nothing similar for Addict 2 :(

      Last updates to Addict 2 Dictionaries at:

      http://www.addictive-software.com/addict2/dicts.html

      I hope Eric Fookes will read this ;-)

      Regards,
      Flo
    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 12 , Aug 4, 2011
        Hi Flo,

        Eric may read it but I doubt it will make any difference. As I wrote a month or
        two ago in this thread, v2 was freeware, v4 is $$ware. Cost increases to an app
        that is already a back burner product at Fookes software is not gonna happen.

        It took 3 years to go from v4,5 to v4.9, another year to release v4.95, and
        three
        more years to release v5.0. The pace has since picked up slightly as it only
        took another 3 years to get to v6.0 plus one more to v6.2 in Jan 2010.
        However,
        the changes from v4 to v5 were more significant than from v5 to v6. I suspect
        that the only changes we will see are maintenance releases to keep up with
        new Windows releases from Microsoft.

        Namaste', Art