Re: [NTB] Rudimentary spelling checker

  • fw7oaks
    Message 1 of 12 , Jul 21, 2011
      -- On Thu, 7/21/11, Art Kocsis <artkns@...> wrote:

      [snip]

      > BTW In looking up info on the NTB spell check, I found an interesting
      > tidbit, Tiny Spell, that I downloaded 6 years ago. The current version,
      > 1.94, was just updated 05-11-2001. According to its description, it is an
      > app that will monitor your typing in any windows application. There are
      > freeware and paid ($10) versions. I haven't tried it but you may want to
      > check it out: http://tinyspell.numerit.com/

      Happy freeware (v. 1.8) user, well worth trying

      fw
    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 12 , Jul 22, 2011
        FW,

        Thanks for the confirmation.

        Thanks to your quote, I also noticed I had a typo:

        The last update was May 2011, not 2001.

        Art

        At 07/21/2011 16:18, you wrote:
        >-- On Thu, 7/21/11, Art Kocsis
        ><<mailto:artkns%40sbcglobal.net>artkns@...> wrote:
        >[snip]
        > > BTW In looking up info on the NTB spell check, I found an interesting
        > > tidbit, Tiny Spell, that I downloaded 6 years ago. The current version,
        > > 1.94, was just updated 05-11-2001. According to its description, it is an
        > > app that will monitor your typing in any windows application. There are
        > > freeware and paid ($10) versions. I haven't tried it but you may want to
        > > check it out: <http://tinyspell.numerit.com/>http://tinyspell.numerit.com/
        >
        >Happy freeware (v. 1.8) user, well worth trying
        >fw
      • flo.gehrke
        Message 3 of 12 , Aug 4, 2011
          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, bruce.somers@... wrote:

          > I am quite discouraged to find that the ADDICT 2.0 dictionaries
          > used by NoteTab are not user-editable.

          I agree with Bruce. If the NT spell checker would use the latest ADDICT 4 technology we probably had a useful tool for editing DCT files: the "Dictionary Wizard" (see (http://www.addictivesoftware.com/dictwiz.htm).

          I got this information from Addictive Software:

          "We stopped work on Addict 2 almost 12 years ago - so this is something you really need to address with the Notetab Author.

          Dictionary Wizard does not work with Addict 2 Dictionaries - it is designed for Applications that use Addict 4.

          No there is nothing similar for Addict 2 :(

          Last updates to Addict 2 Dictionaries at:

          http://www.addictive-software.com/addict2/dicts.html

          I hope Eric Fookes will read this ;-)

          Regards,
          Flo
        • Art Kocsis
          Message 4 of 12 , Aug 4, 2011
            Hi Flo,

            Eric may read it but I doubt it will make any difference. As I wrote a month or
            two ago in this thread, v2 was freeware, v4 is $$ware. Cost increases to an app
            that is already a back burner product at Fookes software is not gonna happen.

            It took 3 years to go from v4,5 to v4.9, another year to release v4.95, and
            three
            more years to release v5.0. The pace has since picked up slightly as it only
            took another 3 years to get to v6.0 plus one more to v6.2 in Jan 2010.
            However,
            the changes from v4 to v5 were more significant than from v5 to v6. I suspect
            that the only changes we will see are maintenance releases to keep up with
            new Windows releases from Microsoft.

            Namaste', Art