NoteTab Light Questions at first open

  • mm_bsu
    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
      Hello,

      I have several machines that I want to install NoteTab Light on. I can automate the installation easy enough but would like to prevent the initial questions from appearing when NoteTab is first openned. Is there some registry keys I can populate or a config file I can copy from one machine to another so the questions do not pop up?
    • Lawrence
      Message 2 of 3 , Jul 6, 2011
        You could make a base ini file and copy that to the program directory on each workstation. The drawback here is that you have to give all users on the PC access to the program directory.

        You could automate copying the ini file to the user's NoteTab directory at login, with a login script.

        Answer all the questions to get the base install you want, and when you exit NoteTab, it will be written to the ini file.

        You can also store the settings in the Registry, which I have never done in 13 years of NoteTab use.

        I looked in the help file, but did not see an obvious answer to automate it.

        It is possible this question has been asked before. Have you search the list archives?

        HTH,

        ~ Larry

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "mm_bsu" <marlenemcveigh@...> wrote:

        > Hello,
        >
        > I have several machines that I want to install NoteTab Light on. I can automate the installation easy enough but would like to prevent the initial questions from appearing when NoteTab is first openned. Is there some registry keys I can populate or a config file I can copy from one machine to another so the questions do not pop up?

      • Eb
        Message 3 of 3 , Jul 7, 2011
          If you're talking about the installation questions, check out the NoteTab Help file (1st entry in NoteTab's help menu, then "General Information-->Install and Uninstall-->Setup Command-Line". Note the /SAVEINF and /LOADINF options, if you want to create a special installation package.

          If you also want to suppress the initializing of NoteTab, you can create a special INI file containing all the settings you need, such as disabling the splash screen, custom toolbar settings, etc. Then create a commandfile to manage the installation.
          1) create the destination folder, 2) copy the ini file to this folder, and 3) run the NoteTab setup program with the appropriate commandline switches.

          Cheers,

          Eb