Re: Crash with multiple tabs open

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 20 2:27 PM
      Answered piecemeal below:

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "lisanthrope" <lisanthrope@...> wrote:

      > NoteTab Light: v 6.2.0.2 crashing when I try to
      > have more than one tab open.

      A closely guarded secret about NoteTab is, that it can corrupt itself ;-).

      When you get mystery crashes or unusual behavior, that you know to be wrong, the solution often is to reinstall NoteTab. Regardless of version. Crashing is definitely unusual behavior.

      > The computer this occurs on (WXP Home, SP3) hadn't been used for over a year, as it was in need of repair.

      It sounds as if it's STILL in need of repair.

      > ... older version of NoteTab Light: ... did not have this issue.

      Older NoteTabs may have been less resource intensive, but I doubt that Fookes will distribute older versions of NT, especially the freeware ones.

      I would try to fix the existing installation, with the latest version of NoteTab, try downloading a fresh copy of the freeware. If it continues to crash, it's telling you to fix or scrap the computer.

      Blow or suck out the dust, reseat all connectors (mind the static electricity!), run diskcheck, and update all your drivers and OS patches. Standard routine maintenance.

      Cheers,

      Eb