Re: [NTB] Text change

  • Marcelo Bastos
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16 7:40 PM
      Interviewed by CNN on 16/04/2011 23:07, Terry Buchanan told the world:

      > I took some text from a word document and placed into Notetab Pro and all examples of letters fi and fl are replaced by a ?
      >
      > examples fight becomes ?ght and flash becomes ?ash

      Hmmm. It seems that the Word text is using ligatures instead of separate
      letters for "fi" and "fl." Weird, this should affect only the display of
      the text, not the actual content, and therefore shouldn't be copied via
      clipboard...

      Anyway: Try selecting the text and changing the font in Word, BEFORE
      copying to Notetab. Use a font that has no ligatures available (a
      monospaced font, like Courier, is a good bet). Either you will see the
      same problem inside Word, or it should now copy correctly.

      --
      MCBastos

      use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

      -=-=-
      ... Sent from my HP LaserJet.
    • Terry Buchanan
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 16 8:04 PM
        Change of font makes no difference.

        I'm using Word 2007 and tried changing .docx to txt with no different
        result.

        On 17 April 2011 12:40, Marcelo Bastos <bytext@...> wrote:

        > Interviewed by CNN on 16/04/2011 23:07, Terry Buchanan told the world:
        >

        > > I took some text from a word document and placed into Notetab Pro and all
        > examples of letters fi and fl are replaced by a ?
        > >
        > > examples fight becomes ?ght and flash becomes ?ash
        >
        > Hmmm. It seems that the Word text is using ligatures instead of separate
        > letters for "fi" and "fl." Weird, this should affect only the display of
        > the text, not the actual content, and therefore shouldn't be copied via
        > clipboard...
        >
        > Anyway: Try selecting the text and changing the font in Word, BEFORE
        > copying to Notetab. Use a font that has no ligatures available (a
        > monospaced font, like Courier, is a good bet). Either you will see the
        > same problem inside Word, or it should now copy correctly.
        >
        > --
        > MCBastos
        >
        > This message has been protected with the 2ROT13 algorithm. Unauthorized
        > use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.
        >
        > -=-=-
        > ... Sent from my HP LaserJet.
        > *Added by TagZilla 0.066.2 running on Seamonkey 2.0.13 *
        > Get it at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#tagzilla

      • Dave
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 17 6:50 AM
          Hi
          what happens if you type a through to l in word ,ctrl+c and paste in notetab
          pro ,what do you get ?
          THANKYOU DAVE M