Text change

  • Terry Buchanan
    Message 1 of 4 , Apr 16, 2011
      I took some text from a word document and placed into Notetab Pro and all examples of letters fi and fl are replaced by a ?

      examples fight becomes ?ght and flash becomes ?ash
    • Marcelo Bastos
      Message 2 of 4 , Apr 16, 2011
        Interviewed by CNN on 16/04/2011 23:07, Terry Buchanan told the world:

        > I took some text from a word document and placed into Notetab Pro and all examples of letters fi and fl are replaced by a ?
        >
        > examples fight becomes ?ght and flash becomes ?ash

        Hmmm. It seems that the Word text is using ligatures instead of separate
        letters for "fi" and "fl." Weird, this should affect only the display of
        the text, not the actual content, and therefore shouldn't be copied via
        clipboard...

        Anyway: Try selecting the text and changing the font in Word, BEFORE
        copying to Notetab. Use a font that has no ligatures available (a
        monospaced font, like Courier, is a good bet). Either you will see the
        same problem inside Word, or it should now copy correctly.

        --
        MCBastos

        use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

        -=-=-
        ... Sent from my HP LaserJet.
      • Terry Buchanan
        Message 3 of 4 , Apr 16, 2011
          Change of font makes no difference.

          I'm using Word 2007 and tried changing .docx to txt with no different
          result.

          On 17 April 2011 12:40, Marcelo Bastos <bytext@...> wrote:

          > Interviewed by CNN on 16/04/2011 23:07, Terry Buchanan told the world:
          >

          > > I took some text from a word document and placed into Notetab Pro and all
          > examples of letters fi and fl are replaced by a ?
          > >
          > > examples fight becomes ?ght and flash becomes ?ash
          >
          > Hmmm. It seems that the Word text is using ligatures instead of separate
          > letters for "fi" and "fl." Weird, this should affect only the display of
          > the text, not the actual content, and therefore shouldn't be copied via
          > clipboard...
          >
          > Anyway: Try selecting the text and changing the font in Word, BEFORE
          > copying to Notetab. Use a font that has no ligatures available (a
          > monospaced font, like Courier, is a good bet). Either you will see the
          > same problem inside Word, or it should now copy correctly.
          >
          > --
          > MCBastos
          >
          > This message has been protected with the 2ROT13 algorithm. Unauthorized
          > use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.
          >
          > -=-=-
          > ... Sent from my HP LaserJet.
          > *Added by TagZilla 0.066.2 running on Seamonkey 2.0.13 *
          > Get it at http://xsidebar.mozdev.org/modifiedmailnews.html#tagzilla

        • Dave
          Message 4 of 4 , Apr 17, 2011
            Hi
            what happens if you type a through to l in word ,ctrl+c and paste in notetab
            pro ,what do you get ?
            THANKYOU DAVE M