Keep Document Open When Using Save As...

  • Ray Shapp
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 11, 2011
      To all,

      In NT Pro v6.2, is there a keyboard shortcut or a built-in menu command that
      allows one to keep the original document open after executing the Save As...
      command with a slightly different file name?

      I often want to work on a copy of a document without altering the original,
      and I sometimes want to keep the original document open at the same time. I
      don't care which document is in focus after the Save As...

      Thanks for the advice.

      Ray Shapp

    • Eb
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 12, 2011
        No there isn't. However, there _is_ a built-in menu command to immediately reopen the original file:

        File Menu-->Reopen-->1

        immediately after Save As.

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Ray Shapp <rayshapp@...> wrote:

        > To all,
        >
        > In NT Pro v6.2, is there a keyboard shortcut or a built-in menu command that
        > allows one to keep the original document open after executing the Save As...
        > command with a slightly different file name?
        >
        > I often want to work on a copy of a document without altering the original,
        > and I sometimes want to keep the original document open at the same time. I
        > don't care which document is in focus after the Save As...
        >
        > Thanks for the advice.
        >
        > Ray Shapp

      • Ray Shapp
        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 13, 2011