Re: +AFs-NTB+AF0- Where Is File WYZO.EXE?

  • Harold Noffke
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 11, 2011
      Thomas,

      I never entered IE9 as NTP's primary browser, but after doing so F7 worked
      as documented, and my problem was solved.

      The legitimate wyzo.exe is part of a Bit Torrent toolset specific to
      Firefox, which I don't use. See Radical Software Ltd. +AEA-
      http://www.wyzo.com

      My gratitude for your sage advice.

      RetiredEngineer1

      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 11, 2011
        Hello Harold,
        I'm glad that it is working now.
        There seem to be corrupted (virus infected) versions of wyzo.exe floating around, I hope you haven't caught one of those.
        Kind regards
        Thomas

        Am 11.04.2011 um 18:14PM schrieb Harold Noffke:

        > Thomas,
        >
        > I never entered IE9 as NTP's primary browser, but after doing so F7 worked
        > as documented, and my problem was solved.
        >
        > The legitimate wyzo.exe is part of a Bit Torrent toolset specific to
        > Firefox, which I don't use. See Radical Software Ltd. @
        > http://www.wyzo.com
        >
        > My gratitude for your sage advice.
        >
        > RetiredEngineer1

      • Harold Noffke
        Message 3 of 5 , Apr 11, 2011
          Thomas,

          Re: +IBw-I hope you haven+IBk-t caught one of those.+IB0-

          I did the .html launch tests you suggested, and everything worked as it should. I also found a WYZO folder (now deleted), which suggests I may have originally received the entire Bit Torrent toolset, with infected wyzo.exe, as part of a recent music download. My Norton Internet Security (NIS) 2011 probably removed wyzo.exe, but left alone any associated registry entries introduced by the download. Maybe the techs at Radical Software Ltd. can help me restore my Registry to its pre-download state.

          Thanks again.
          RetiredEngineer1

          can you open URLs from other sources, or stored on your desktop? Sounds to
          me as if your browser has been hijacked, i.e. .html files are associated
          with wyzo.exe instead of Internet Explorer, Firefox, Chrome, ..... or
          whatever standard browser you want to use. Check the Internet settings in
          NTP (Options - Internet) and what is registered there as main browser,
          correct it if necessary.
          Why do you want any version of wyzo.exe? Why not get rid of it completely?
          Kind regards
          Thomas

          Am 10.04.2011 um 21:27PM schrieb Harold:

          +AD4APg- Fellow Basic Folks:
          +AD4APg-
          +AD4APg- I run NTP 6.2/fv on Windows 7 Home Premium x64.
          +AD4APg-
          +AD4APg- The NTP Help says to F7 will open the URL at the cursor. For me, this
          +AD4APg- always produces a +ACI-C:+AFw-Program Files (x86)+AFw-Wyzo+AFw-wyzo.exe+ACI- error box. When I
          +AD4APg- Googled +ACI-wyzo.exe+ACI- I found a bewildering array of references to malware,
          +AD4APg- trojans, etc. which use the same filename.
          +AD4APg-
          +AD4APg- How do NT users usually handle this problem? Is there a known good version
          +AD4APg- of wyzo.exe I just haven't found yet?
          +AD4APg-
          +AD4APg- Help on this from anyone will be much appreciated.
          +AD4APg-
          +AD4APg- Thanks,
          +AD4APg- RetiredEngineer1
          +AD4APg-
          +AD4APg-

          +AFs-Non-text portions of this message have been removed+AF0-

          ------------------------------------

          Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

          +ACoAKgAq-
          Yahoo+ACE- Groups Links

          ------------------------------------

          Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

          +ACoAKgAq-
          Yahoo+ACE- Groups Links

          +AF8AXw-.+AF8-,+AF8-.+AF8AXwBf-
          Reply to sender +AHw- Reply to group +AHw- Reply via web post +AHw- Start a New Topic
          Messages in this topic (4)
          Recent Activity: a.. New Members 2
          Visit Your Group
          Fookes Software: http://www.fookes.com/

          +ACoAKgAq-

          Switch to: Text-Only, Daily Digest +ICI- Unsubscribe +ICI- Terms of Use.

          +AF8AXw-,+AF8-.+AF8-,+AF8AXwBf-