Re: [NTB] pesky 'feature'.

  • jrobinke
    Message 1 of 5 , Apr 3 8:49 AM
      When I've tried to "undo" with Ctrl-Z it doesn't fix THIS problem. Would the Split Lines option have any bearing on this problem?

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Geoff Lane <geoff@...> wrote:

      > On Saturday, April 2, 2011, bruce.somers@... wrote:
      >
      > > Sometimes, I inadvertantly hit some key or key-combination that
      > > removes all line-breaks from a file being edited. What can that be?
      > > There ought to be a way to disable that. And such a command should
      > > request confirmation.
      > ---
      >
      > Sounds like 'Join Lines' (Ctrl+J) to me. I don't think you can disable
      > it. However, you can restore things to how they were by pressing
      > Ctrl+Z.
      >
      > HTH,
      >
      > --
      > Geoff Lane
      > Cornwall, UK

    • Eb
      Message 2 of 5 , Apr 4 6:29 AM
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "jrobinke" <robin.keller@...> wrote:

        > When I've tried to "undo" with Ctrl-Z it doesn't fix THIS problem. Would the Split Lines option have any bearing on this problem?

        If Ctrl+Z doesn't change anything, then the answer is No.

        Ctrl+z undoes actual changes to the document.

        Take a look at Word-Wrap instead (Ctrl+W). This TOGGLES the way lines are displayed, without modifying the document.

        Cheers,

        Eb