Re: [NTB] Quick List Vanished!

  • Mick Housel
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
      Hi Art,

      I'd be interested in seeing what you've created for the project/session
      solution. I love NTB but that is one of a very few whines I have.

      I'm running NTB 6.2/fv on Win7 Pro 64 bit, i7 920 @ 2.66Ghz with 6 gig
      RAM. If you want/need more specs, please let me know.

      Mick

      On 4/1/2011 1:37 PM, Art Kocsis wrote:
      > Unless specifically overridden at launch, each instance of NTB uses the
      > same INI file.
      > Consequently, the last instance to close defines the INI file that is saved.
      > I frequently have as many as a half dozen instances of NTB active, each
      > with multiple
      > documents open, and was constantly clicking the wrong close button. Not
      > only could I
      > not remember where all of these files were located, I couldn't even
      > remember which 50
      > to 100 files they were!
      >
      > So, in frustration, since NTB has neither a session nor a project
      > save/restore, I wrote
      > my own. There are no limits (other than disk capacity), on the number of
      > projects/sessions
      > and/or number of files saved/restored. Using clips and clipbar icons, it is
      > only two clicks
      > to save or restore.
      >
      > Although I can see a couple of tweaks for improvements they work quite
      > nicely for me.
      > However, I would like to test them on some other systems to ensure that
      > they work
      > with other NTB installations and OS environments. If you are interested in
      > trying them
      > out write to me.
      >
      > Namaste', Art
    • Mick Housel
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
        Oops, hate it when that happens. Been a few years since I've done the
        not-offlist trick. Sorry for the extra clutter.

        Mick