RE: [NTB] Quick List Vanished!

  • John Wallace
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
      Probably.

      I feel your pain.

      I did this once and I could never get my list right again. :(

      Should close the 2nd NTprogram 1st, then the original one last.

      Try saving all the quick list in your 'Favorites' next time.
      Helps in reloading the files.

      One other thing NoteTab needs is a bigger 'memory' for these files.
      There is a limit on the amount of files in the Quick List.

      I'm always working on files and this makes it easy to work on, instead of trying to remember where on the hard drive they're at.

      _____

      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
        Unless specifically overridden at launch, each instance of NTB uses the
        same INI file.
        Consequently, the last instance to close defines the INI file that is saved.
        I frequently have as many as a half dozen instances of NTB active, each
        with multiple
        documents open, and was constantly clicking the wrong close button. Not
        only could I
        not remember where all of these files were located, I couldn't even
        remember which 50
        to 100 files they were!

        So, in frustration, since NTB has neither a session nor a project
        save/restore, I wrote
        my own. There are no limits (other than disk capacity), on the number of
        projects/sessions
        and/or number of files saved/restored. Using clips and clipbar icons, it is
        only two clicks
        to save or restore.

        Although I can see a couple of tweaks for improvements they work quite
        nicely for me.
        However, I would like to test them on some other systems to ensure that
        they work
        with other NTB installations and OS environments. If you are interested in
        trying them
        out write to me.

        Namaste', Art

        At 04/01/2011 07:53, John Wallace wrote:
        >Probably.
        >I feel your pain.
        >I did this once and I could never get my list right again. :(
        >Should close the 2nd NTprogram 1st, then the original one last.
        >Try saving all the quick list in your 'Favorites' next time.
        >Helps in reloading the files.
        >One other thing NoteTab needs is a bigger 'memory' for these files.
        >There is a limit on the amount of files in the Quick List.
        >I'm always working on files and this makes it easy to work on, instead of
        >trying to remember where on the hard drive they're at.

      • Mick Housel
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
          Hi Art,

          I'd be interested in seeing what you've created for the project/session
          solution. I love NTB but that is one of a very few whines I have.

          I'm running NTB 6.2/fv on Win7 Pro 64 bit, i7 920 @ 2.66Ghz with 6 gig
          RAM. If you want/need more specs, please let me know.

          Mick

          On 4/1/2011 1:37 PM, Art Kocsis wrote:
          > Unless specifically overridden at launch, each instance of NTB uses the
          > same INI file.
          > Consequently, the last instance to close defines the INI file that is saved.
          > I frequently have as many as a half dozen instances of NTB active, each
          > with multiple
          > documents open, and was constantly clicking the wrong close button. Not
          > only could I
          > not remember where all of these files were located, I couldn't even
          > remember which 50
          > to 100 files they were!
          >
          > So, in frustration, since NTB has neither a session nor a project
          > save/restore, I wrote
          > my own. There are no limits (other than disk capacity), on the number of
          > projects/sessions
          > and/or number of files saved/restored. Using clips and clipbar icons, it is
          > only two clicks
          > to save or restore.
          >
          > Although I can see a couple of tweaks for improvements they work quite
          > nicely for me.
          > However, I would like to test them on some other systems to ensure that
          > they work
          > with other NTB installations and OS environments. If you are interested in
          > trying them
          > out write to me.
          >
          > Namaste', Art
        • Mick Housel
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
            Oops, hate it when that happens. Been a few years since I've done the
            not-offlist trick. Sorry for the extra clutter.

            Mick