Re: [NTB] Quick List Vanished!

  • drstein_aaisf
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
      I tried all of the other options, but the list of open documents has mysteriously disappeared. I can re-create this long list of doucments, but am concened about why it happened and how to prevent it. Is it possible that having NoteTab Pro open and then double-clicking on another textfile in my file manager opened a second copy of NoteTab Pro with a nearly empty Quick List. Could this have caused the problem?

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > On 01 Apr 11 02:07 "drstein_aaisf" <HTStein@...> said:
      > > Working in the older version 4.95, I opened the program and almost
      > > all of my Quick List file names have vanished!
      >
      > Are you sure you haven't switched from "Favorites" to "Documents", so
      > only see a list of currently open tabs? If so, right-click over the
      > Quick List panel and choose another option.
      >
      > Greg

    • John Wallace
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
        Probably.

        I feel your pain.

        I did this once and I could never get my list right again. :(

        Should close the 2nd NTprogram 1st, then the original one last.

        Try saving all the quick list in your 'Favorites' next time.
        Helps in reloading the files.

        One other thing NoteTab needs is a bigger 'memory' for these files.
        There is a limit on the amount of files in the Quick List.

        I'm always working on files and this makes it easy to work on, instead of trying to remember where on the hard drive they're at.

        _____

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> , Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > On 01 Apr 11 02:07 "drstein_aaisf" <HTStein@...> said:
        > > Working in the older version 4.95, I opened the program and almost
        > > all of my Quick List file names have vanished!
        >
        > Are you sure you haven't switched from "Favorites" to "Documents", so
        > only see a list of currently open tabs? If so, right-click over the
        > Quick List panel and choose another option.
        >
        > Greg

      • Art Kocsis
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
          Unless specifically overridden at launch, each instance of NTB uses the
          same INI file.
          Consequently, the last instance to close defines the INI file that is saved.
          I frequently have as many as a half dozen instances of NTB active, each
          with multiple
          documents open, and was constantly clicking the wrong close button. Not
          only could I
          not remember where all of these files were located, I couldn't even
          remember which 50
          to 100 files they were!

          So, in frustration, since NTB has neither a session nor a project
          save/restore, I wrote
          my own. There are no limits (other than disk capacity), on the number of
          projects/sessions
          and/or number of files saved/restored. Using clips and clipbar icons, it is
          only two clicks
          to save or restore.

          Although I can see a couple of tweaks for improvements they work quite
          nicely for me.
          However, I would like to test them on some other systems to ensure that
          they work
          with other NTB installations and OS environments. If you are interested in
          trying them
          out write to me.

          Namaste', Art

          At 04/01/2011 07:53, John Wallace wrote:
          >Probably.
          >I feel your pain.
          >I did this once and I could never get my list right again. :(
          >Should close the 2nd NTprogram 1st, then the original one last.
          >Try saving all the quick list in your 'Favorites' next time.
          >Helps in reloading the files.
          >One other thing NoteTab needs is a bigger 'memory' for these files.
          >There is a limit on the amount of files in the Quick List.
          >I'm always working on files and this makes it easy to work on, instead of
          >trying to remember where on the hard drive they're at.

        • Mick Housel
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
            Hi Art,

            I'd be interested in seeing what you've created for the project/session
            solution. I love NTB but that is one of a very few whines I have.

            I'm running NTB 6.2/fv on Win7 Pro 64 bit, i7 920 @ 2.66Ghz with 6 gig
            RAM. If you want/need more specs, please let me know.

            Mick

            On 4/1/2011 1:37 PM, Art Kocsis wrote:
            > Unless specifically overridden at launch, each instance of NTB uses the
            > same INI file.
            > Consequently, the last instance to close defines the INI file that is saved.
            > I frequently have as many as a half dozen instances of NTB active, each
            > with multiple
            > documents open, and was constantly clicking the wrong close button. Not
            > only could I
            > not remember where all of these files were located, I couldn't even
            > remember which 50
            > to 100 files they were!
            >
            > So, in frustration, since NTB has neither a session nor a project
            > save/restore, I wrote
            > my own. There are no limits (other than disk capacity), on the number of
            > projects/sessions
            > and/or number of files saved/restored. Using clips and clipbar icons, it is
            > only two clicks
            > to save or restore.
            >
            > Although I can see a couple of tweaks for improvements they work quite
            > nicely for me.
            > However, I would like to test them on some other systems to ensure that
            > they work
            > with other NTB installations and OS environments. If you are interested in
            > trying them
            > out write to me.
            >
            > Namaste', Art
          • Mick Housel
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
              Oops, hate it when that happens. Been a few years since I've done the
              not-offlist trick. Sorry for the extra clutter.

              Mick