Re: [NTB] Quick List Vanished!

  • Greg Chapman
    Message 1 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
      Hi,

      On 01 Apr 11 02:07 "drstein_aaisf" <HTStein@...> said:
      > Working in the older version 4.95, I opened the program and almost
      > all of my Quick List file names have vanished!

      Are you sure you haven't switched from "Favorites" to "Documents", so
      only see a list of currently open tabs? If so, right-click over the
      Quick List panel and choose another option.

      Greg
    • drstein_aaisf
      Message 2 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
        I tried all of the other options, but the list of open documents has mysteriously disappeared. I can re-create this long list of doucments, but am concened about why it happened and how to prevent it. Is it possible that having NoteTab Pro open and then double-clicking on another textfile in my file manager opened a second copy of NoteTab Pro with a nearly empty Quick List. Could this have caused the problem?

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > On 01 Apr 11 02:07 "drstein_aaisf" <HTStein@...> said:
        > > Working in the older version 4.95, I opened the program and almost
        > > all of my Quick List file names have vanished!
        >
        > Are you sure you haven't switched from "Favorites" to "Documents", so
        > only see a list of currently open tabs? If so, right-click over the
        > Quick List panel and choose another option.
        >
        > Greg

      • John Wallace
        Message 3 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
          Probably.

          I feel your pain.

          I did this once and I could never get my list right again. :(

          Should close the 2nd NTprogram 1st, then the original one last.

          Try saving all the quick list in your 'Favorites' next time.
          Helps in reloading the files.

          One other thing NoteTab needs is a bigger 'memory' for these files.
          There is a limit on the amount of files in the Quick List.

          I'm always working on files and this makes it easy to work on, instead of trying to remember where on the hard drive they're at.

          _____

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> , Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

          > Hi,
          >
          > On 01 Apr 11 02:07 "drstein_aaisf" <HTStein@...> said:
          > > Working in the older version 4.95, I opened the program and almost
          > > all of my Quick List file names have vanished!
          >
          > Are you sure you haven't switched from "Favorites" to "Documents", so
          > only see a list of currently open tabs? If so, right-click over the
          > Quick List panel and choose another option.
          >
          > Greg

        • Art Kocsis
          Message 4 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
            Unless specifically overridden at launch, each instance of NTB uses the
            same INI file.
            Consequently, the last instance to close defines the INI file that is saved.
            I frequently have as many as a half dozen instances of NTB active, each
            with multiple
            documents open, and was constantly clicking the wrong close button. Not
            only could I
            not remember where all of these files were located, I couldn't even
            remember which 50
            to 100 files they were!

            So, in frustration, since NTB has neither a session nor a project
            save/restore, I wrote
            my own. There are no limits (other than disk capacity), on the number of
            projects/sessions
            and/or number of files saved/restored. Using clips and clipbar icons, it is
            only two clicks
            to save or restore.

            Although I can see a couple of tweaks for improvements they work quite
            nicely for me.
            However, I would like to test them on some other systems to ensure that
            they work
            with other NTB installations and OS environments. If you are interested in
            trying them
            out write to me.

            Namaste', Art

            At 04/01/2011 07:53, John Wallace wrote:
            >Probably.
            >I feel your pain.
            >I did this once and I could never get my list right again. :(
            >Should close the 2nd NTprogram 1st, then the original one last.
            >Try saving all the quick list in your 'Favorites' next time.
            >Helps in reloading the files.
            >One other thing NoteTab needs is a bigger 'memory' for these files.
            >There is a limit on the amount of files in the Quick List.
            >I'm always working on files and this makes it easy to work on, instead of
            >trying to remember where on the hard drive they're at.

          • Mick Housel
            Message 5 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
              Hi Art,

              I'd be interested in seeing what you've created for the project/session
              solution. I love NTB but that is one of a very few whines I have.

              I'm running NTB 6.2/fv on Win7 Pro 64 bit, i7 920 @ 2.66Ghz with 6 gig
              RAM. If you want/need more specs, please let me know.

              Mick

              On 4/1/2011 1:37 PM, Art Kocsis wrote:
              > Unless specifically overridden at launch, each instance of NTB uses the
              > same INI file.
              > Consequently, the last instance to close defines the INI file that is saved.
              > I frequently have as many as a half dozen instances of NTB active, each
              > with multiple
              > documents open, and was constantly clicking the wrong close button. Not
              > only could I
              > not remember where all of these files were located, I couldn't even
              > remember which 50
              > to 100 files they were!
              >
              > So, in frustration, since NTB has neither a session nor a project
              > save/restore, I wrote
              > my own. There are no limits (other than disk capacity), on the number of
              > projects/sessions
              > and/or number of files saved/restored. Using clips and clipbar icons, it is
              > only two clicks
              > to save or restore.
              >
              > Although I can see a couple of tweaks for improvements they work quite
              > nicely for me.
              > However, I would like to test them on some other systems to ensure that
              > they work
              > with other NTB installations and OS environments. If you are interested in
              > trying them
              > out write to me.
              >
              > Namaste', Art
            • Mick Housel
              Message 6 of 7 , Apr 1, 2011
                Oops, hate it when that happens. Been a few years since I've done the
                not-offlist trick. Sorry for the extra clutter.

                Mick