Re: [NTB] notetab does not refresh in the browser

  • lovemypekes444
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 26, 2011
      Yes, of course I save the changes. But when I hit the refresh button in the browser, nothing happens. Now, when I am just browsing around on the internet and land on a website, it will refresh a web page, but not when I open a NoteTabPro page in the browser.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "John Wallace" <johnta1@...> wrote:

      > I have to save the change first, to be able to refresh the web page.
      >

      > _____

    • Kerry Coates at GilaMountainDulcimers.com
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
        Thank you, Art! Yes, I always work with tabs and my file names were correct (not a temp file name). You have to excuse me -- I am not up on all the "language" and I think it has been a couple of years since I have even posted to the group -- (...she looks down and shuffles her feet.....) -- so I guess I left out some important information when I screamed "Help" -- I was pretty frustrated. I hope you will all forgive me........

        I think I will just use the "Shift/Refresh" trick instead of messing with my config file. I put it into the URL window and got a warning message and decided I better just do it the long way.....dingy as I am, I wouldn't want to mess anything up.

        Also, I know I really shouldn't include my automatic signature and I appologize once again, but it is so long that when I hit "Reply" it runs over the previous message -- I remembered to take it off one time and ended up deleting most of the previous message. I will try to be more aware in the future......

        Thank you everyone for all your help!!!

        Hugs,
        Kerry Coates in New Mexico, USA

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
          Alan,

          I have automatic updates on so I am assuming I got the update last week -- maybe what my problem is.

          Hugs,
          Kerry Coates in New Mexico, USA

          Did you just update Firefox to the new version 4.0?

          Alan G

        • Art Kocsis
          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
            Hi Kerry,

            No problem. We have all been there.

            To see your FF version, click on "Help | About".

            Don't be too concerned about the FF warning re about:config. It is quite
            safe to look at the options and make simple changes. The warning is just a
            CYA from Mozilla similar to a warning on screwdrivers to wear eye
            protection. Besides, that was only meant to unequivocally prove that it was
            a cache phenomenon. You don't normally want to run any browser without
            enabling cache. It would significantly slow you down.

            Don't sell yourself short. I doubt you're "dingy" at all.

            Re your signature: no client email app should overwrite a quoted message
            but I don't use Outlook Express so I can't help you there.

            Feedback request:

            Were you updated? (Is your FF version= 4.0?)

            Did the Shift-click refresh solve the problem?

            Please report back so that others who may have similar problems will know.
            (As well as satisfy our curiosity<g>.)

            Namaste', Art

            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 28, 2011
              Art,

              FF Version 3.6.12

              I worked some in NoteTabPro last night and, no, the Shift/Refresh did not work. So I just did it the way I figured out....."open in browser" and then click on a different link in my menu bar on the page and then click on the link to the page I was working on, then refresh. After that, I would no longer "open in browser" but rather just leave the old tab open. Then when I worked on a different web page I would just click on it from the drop down menu on my page and it would show the new changes I just made.

              The site I am working on is www.GNLD-Neolife.com and it has a drop down menu bar across (near) the top of the page so I have been using that to navigate to the pages instead of the "view in browser" (after initially opening up one page in the browser). If I search for the page using the menu in that way, the refresh button in FF works, so I can go into the drop down menu, find the page I am updating and then just hit refresh when I make a change. I find that the first time I get to the page I am working on, the most recent changes show up when the page opens. The address in the URL window is quite long. Example: file:///F:/Maxtor%20backup/GANDALFE/C/Documents%20and%20Settings/Kerry%20Coates/My%20Documents/Web%20Pages/0-GNLD-neolife/GN%20html%20files/video-list.htm

              I built the site in haste and now I am going back in doing SEO, checking code for errors and optimizing my alt tags, etc. -- sometimes adding new information -- but the site is almost done, just a few more pages to build. I started building it four months ago and the site has about 300 pages I think...........I still have to create a logo banner for the top -- I slapped one together "for now" but am anxious to get it changed. I also want to figure out a different way to do the right column menu list.

            • Brian Mailman
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 28, 2011
                Art Kocsis wrote:

                > Re your signature: no client email app should overwrite a quoted message
                > but I don't use Outlook Express so I can't help you there.

                I don't either, but from my time as a "counselor" in alt.config, I
                learned there's a third-party add-on called "QuoteFix."

                Also, your .signature should be prooperly delimited; a dash-dash-space
                with the .sig following on the line below so that when someone hits
                Reply it's automatically removed.

                That your .signature is longer than many messages you've posted isn't
                really a technical issue.

                B/

                --
                here's an example of how a .sig should be formed.
              • Kerry Coates at GilaMountainDulcimers.com
                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 28, 2011
                  Thank you, Brian!

                  I have my signature in a .txt file and Outlook Express calls it up from the .txt file. I don't know if that makes any difference -- but maybe it does since I don't have the signature typed into the Outlook Express signature feature? Anyway, I am trying to remember just to delete all but my name and my trademark, "Hugs", thingie. :-)

                  Hugs,
                  Kerry Coates in New Mexico, USA

                  > Re your signature: no client email app should overwrite a quoted message
                  > but I don't use Outlook Express so I can't help you there.

                  I don't either, but from my time as a "counselor" in alt.config, I
                  learned there's a third-party add-on called "QuoteFix."

                  Also, your .signature should be prooperly delimited; a dash-dash-space
                  with the .sig following on the line below so that when someone hits
                  Reply it's automatically removed.

                  That your .signature is longer than many messages you've posted isn't
                  really a technical issue.

                  B/

                  --
                  here's an example of how a .sig should be formed.

                • S or J
                  Message 8 of 28 , Apr 17 11:59 AM
                    Hi Folks

                    One other possibility is a memory shortage situation, due to one or
                    more programs not properly releasing memory.

                    Normally my NoteTab Light shows a webpage just fine in the browser and
                    refreshes perfectly to show new content after any NoteTab save.

                    But if I am editing a number of webpages in NoteTab and have also used
                    Adobe photo programs (real memory hogs) extensively, I sometimes get
                    to the point when the browser stubbornly ignores a refresh command
                    after a NoteTab save.

                    My solution is to completely close Adobe's Photoshop or Elements; I
                    then close the browser and reopen it. I also close and reopen NoteTab.
                    Then the browser will almost always show the latest NoteTab webpage
                    correctly. [And if not, a computer restart always restores normality
                    in NoteTab and the browser.]

                    Yes I could experiment with closing only one or two of these programs
                    but it only takes a few seconds to close all three and reopen just the
                    NoteTab/browser combo and usually get right back to work.

                    HTH
                    Steve in Thunder Bay

                    Posted by: "lovemypekes444" kerrykcoates@...
                    Date: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:50 am ((PDT))