notetab does not refresh in the browser

  • lovemypekes444
    Message 1 of 28 , Mar 26, 2011
      I have recently been experiencing a problem and don't know how to solve it. I used to be able to refresh my page in my browser -- but now, every time I make a change to my code in NoteTabPro I have to open it up in a new browser to see the changes instead of just being able to refresh it from the browser. I used to be able to do it but suddenly one day it switched on me. I don't know what I did, but I want to put it back the way it was. Please help!

      It is really a pain to have to close the browser and then re-load the page for viewing only to discover I need to make another change and then have to close the browser and re-load the page again. (???)
    • John Wallace
      Message 2 of 28 , Mar 26, 2011
        I have to save the change first, to be able to refresh the web page.

        _____

        Message 3 of 28 , Mar 26, 2011
          Yes, of course I save the changes. But when I hit the refresh button in the browser, nothing happens. Now, when I am just browsing around on the internet and land on a website, it will refresh a web page, but not when I open a NoteTabPro page in the browser.

          Message 4 of 28 , Mar 26, 2011
            Yes, of course I save the changes. But when I hit the refresh button in the browser, nothing happens. Now, when I am just browsing around on the internet and land on a website, it will refresh a web page, but not when I open a NoteTabPro page in the browser.

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "John Wallace" <johnta1@...> wrote:

            > I have to save the change first, to be able to refresh the web page.
            >

            > _____

          • Marcelo Bastos
            Message 5 of 28 , Mar 26, 2011
              Interviewed by CNN on 26/03/2011 22:00, lovemypekes444 told the world:
              > I have recently been experiencing a problem and don't know how to solve it. I used to be able to refresh my page in my browser -- but now, every time I make a change to my code in NoteTabPro I have to open it up in a new browser to see the changes instead of just being able to refresh it from the browser. I used to be able to do it but suddenly one day it switched on me. I don't know what I did, but I want to put it back the way it was. Please help!
              >
              > It is really a pain to have to close the browser and then re-load the page for viewing only to discover I need to make another change and then have to close the browser and re-load the page again. (???)

              You have probably changed slightly your procedure, that is, the exact
              sequence of commands you use.

              Here's the thing: if the page you are editing is in the state "saved",
              that is, no changes since the last time you saved it, Notetab will open
              the saved file on your browser.

              However, if the page is in an "unsaved" state, that is, you changed
              anything since the last time you saved -- even a single space -- then
              Notetab will create a temporary file with a random name and send THAT
              temporary page to the browser. Next time, it will create a NEW temporary
              page with a NEW random name. Therefore, reloading won't work. This is
              easy to notice if you look at the URL bar on your browser.

              Therefore, you have just to make an habit of saving the file just before
              using the "open in browser" Notetab command.
              --
              MCBastos

              use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

              -=-=-
              ... Sent from my Casio DataMemo.
            • Kerry Coates at GilaMountainDulcimers.com
              Message 6 of 28 , Mar 26, 2011
                Yes, that is what I do. I save the file just before using the "open in browser" command.

                Then, after viewing it, if I determine that I need to make additional changes, I go back into NoteTab and make the changes and then save it and then go back to the browser and refresh it. That is the way I have always done it and it always worked for me when I did it that way.

                Then the other day I turned on my computer and opened up my NoteTab program and it didn't work that way anymore.

                Remember -- Health is Wealth!

                Hugs,
                Kerry Coates in New Mexico, USA
                GNLD NeoLife Director - http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
                My Blog - http://www.KerryCoates.com/blog
                Pure Water Filter Systems: http://www.USAWaterFilterSystems.com
                My Profile - http://www.google.com/profiles/kerrykcoates444

                Message 7 of 28 , Mar 26, 2011
                  Okay, I have been experimenting around. This is what I have determined....

                  I open the page in the browser. I go to my navigation bar on my page and click on a different link on the page, then I return to the one I was working on. THEN whenever I make changes and save them, the refresh works.

                  weird.......

                  However, I cannot return to the page using the back button as the back button is also disabled. So I have to go to another page, then click the link to the page I was working on to get back to it since the back button doesn't work. Once I do that, then the back button is now enabled and I can also make changes and refresh the changes.....

                  more weirdness......

                  I have been using NoteTabPro for years and have always done things the same way. All of a sudden it starts this quirky stuff. Now that I know how to get around it, I will just deal with it. If I reload the program I will have to re-set all my settings and I don't remember how I got them the way I have them since it has been so many years. I am sure this is not the latest version -- I can't remember when I updated last.

                  Kerry Coates

                  ,

                  Interviewed by CNN on 26/03/2011 22:00, lovemypekes444 told the world:
                  > I have recently been experiencing a problem and don't know how to solve it. I used to be able to refresh my page in my browser -- but now, every time I make a change to my code in NoteTabPro I have to open it up in a new browser to see the changes instead of just being able to refresh it from the browser. I used to be able to do it but suddenly one day it switched on me. I don't know what I did, but I want to put it back the way it was. Please help!
                  >
                  > It is really a pain to have to close the browser and then re-load the page for viewing only to discover I need to make another change and then have to close the browser and re-load the page again. (???)

                  You have probably changed slightly your procedure, that is, the exact
                  sequence of commands you use.

                  Here's the thing: if the page you are editing is in the state "saved",
                  that is, no changes since the last time you saved it, Notetab will open
                  the saved file on your browser.

                  However, if the page is in an "unsaved" state, that is, you changed
                  anything since the last time you saved -- even a single space -- then
                  Notetab will create a temporary file with a random name and send THAT
                  temporary page to the browser. Next time, it will create a NEW temporary
                  page with a NEW random name. Therefore, reloading won't work. This is
                  easy to notice if you look at the URL bar on your browser.

                  Therefore, you have just to make an habit of saving the file just before
                  using the "open in browser" Notetab command.
                  --
                  MCBastos

                  use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

                  -=-=-
                  ... Sent from my Casio DataMemo.

                • Dennis Hays
                  Message 8 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                    lovemypekes444

                    As a check, see if the following helps.

                    In Internet Explorer, Select from the menu Tools >> Internet Options
                    On the General tab, under Browsing History, click the "Settings" button
                    At the top, where it says Temporary Internet Files, Check for new versions of stored pages:
                    Enable: "Every time I visit the webpage"

                    I believe this should allow IE to update every time you refresh the browser.

                    Best,
                    Dennis

                    ---------> On Saturday, March 26, 2011, 10:30:44 PM, you wrote:
                    l> Yes, of course I save the changes. But when I hit the
                    l> refresh button in the browser, nothing happens. Now, when I
                    l> am just browsing around on the internet and land on a website,
                    l> it will refresh a web page, but not when I open a NoteTabPro page in the browser.

                    Best,
                    Dennis

                    <------------End Quote

                    --
                    Dennis Hays [Writer / Reviewer]
                    Responded on Sunday, March 27, 2011 at 7:49 AM (UTC -5)
                    Message 9 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                      Hi
                      the way it works for me ,this is local only, I make html page with content
                      unsaved then view in browser works then if I want to edit the page I then go
                      back to NoteTab Std and edit then to see changes I hit refresh on the
                      browser if I am happy I save it.
                      THANKYOU DAVE M

                      Message 10 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                        That I find odd because if I don't save it first then nothing shows in the browser.

                        Message 11 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                          Thank you, Dennis -- I had IE removed from my computer. I use Mozilla and I have poked around and I can't seem to find such features in Mozilla.......

                          Message 12 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                            If you don't save your edited document in NoteTab, the browser cannot display it with the changes. Browsers work on disk
                            files, not memory. So, a browser will always open a disk file to display it.

                            Regards,
                            John
                            RecipeTools site: <http://recipetools.gotdns.com> http://recipetools.gotdns.com
                            Beaverton Weather: <http://shotsky.gotdns.com> http://shotsky.gotdns.com

                            >I have recently been experiencing a problem and don't know how to solve it.
                            >I used to be able to refresh my page in my browser -- but now, every time I
                            >make a change to my code in NoteTabPro I have to open it up in a new
                            >browser to see the changes instead of just being able to refresh it from
                            >the browser. I used to be able to do it but suddenly one day it switched
                            >on me. I don't know what I did, but I want to put it back the way it was.
                            >Please help!
                            >
                            > It is really a pain to have to close the browser and then re-load the page
                            > for viewing only to discover I need to make another change and then have
                            > to close the browser and re-load the page again. (???)

                          • loro
                            Message 13 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                              John Shotsky wrote:
                              >If you don't save your edited document in NoteTab, the browser
                              >cannot display it with the changes. Browsers work on disk
                              >files, not memory.

                              Well, it can if you use one of Notetab's View in Browsee buttons to
                              send it the page since Notetab sends it the temp file it creates.
                              Couldn't that be what you did earlier, Dennis? Sounds like you did.
                              There used to be a problem with this and some browser or other
                              though, probably FF. I don't know if that have changed. Works for IE anyway.

                              Lotta
                            • John Shotsky
                              Message 14 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                I tested this idea of displaying edited web pages.

                                My test - I opened an html file, and copied the contents to a new doc. To notetab, at this point, it is not html - it is
                                just a temporary file with text in it. There is no highlighting. I used F8 to view it in a browser. It showed me the
                                same text as Notetab, not a web page. It is the same as if I had selected 'View Source' on a web page.

                                Then, I saved it as an .html file, and edited it, not saving the edits. This time, html highlighting is present. Again,
                                used F8 to display it. This time, it did display a web page, and it did show the edits.

                                I was surprised, because in the past, I have used clips to start a browser to view an active document, but it wouldn't
                                display unless it was saved first. And, it was not a web page, it was a text file. Actually, it was an xml file
                                converted to text, but it had to be saved to be displayed. I'm using the current version of NoteTab Pro, and IE9.

                                Regards,
                                John

                                Message 15 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                  Yes, I create it and save it in NoteTabPro, then click NoteTabPro's "View in Browser" button. It used to work for FF up until last week. Perhaps I am having some sort of problem with FF.

                                  Remember -- Health is Wealth!

                                  Hugs,
                                  Kerry Coates in New Mexico, USA
                                  GNLD NeoLife Director - http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
                                  My Blog - http://www.KerryCoates.com/blog
                                  Pure Water Filter Systems: http://www.USAWaterFilterSystems.com
                                  My Profile - http://www.google.com/profiles/kerrykcoates444

                                  >If you don't save your edited document in NoteTab, the browser
                                  >cannot display it with the changes. Browsers work on disk
                                  >files, not memory.

                                  Well, it can if you use one of Notetab's View in Browsee buttons to
                                  send it the page since Notetab sends it the temp file it creates.
                                  Couldn't that be what you did earlier, Dennis? Sounds like you did.
                                  There used to be a problem with this and some browser or other
                                  though, probably FF. I don't know if that have changed. Works for IE anyway.

                                  Lotta

                                • Alan G
                                  Message 16 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                    On Sun, 27 Mar 2011 13:03:32 -0600, you wrote in part:

                                    > Yes, I create it and save it in NoteTabPro, then click NoteTabPro's
                                    > "View in Browser" button. It used to work for FF up until last week.
                                    > Perhaps I am having some sort of problem with FF.
                                    >
                                    > Remember -- Health is Wealth!
                                    >
                                    > Hugs,
                                    > Kerry Coates in New Mexico, USA
                                    > GNLD NeoLife Director - http://www.Amazing-Health-Products.com
                                    > My Blog - http://www.KerryCoates.com/blog
                                    > Pure Water Filter Systems: http://www.USAWaterFilterSystems.com
                                    > My Profile - http://www.google.com/profiles/kerrykcoates444

                                    Did you just update Firefox to the new version 4.0?

                                    Alan G
                                  • Art Kocsis
                                    Message 17 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                      John,

                                      The NTB function "View in browser" just sends an open file command with the
                                      current (fully qualified), file NAME (or a temporary file name if current
                                      changes not yet saved), to your chosen browser. The BROWSER strictly uses
                                      the FILETYPE of this name to decide how to render the page. All you have to
                                      do to display a new doc as html is rename the filetype to htm, html, xml
                                      (such as change noname01.txt to noname01.htm), and the browser will render
                                      it as an HTML page. Browsers do not care if a file is local or comes from
                                      the internet, their rendering choice is strictly based on filetype.

                                      Namaste', Art

                                      At 03/27/2011 11:41, you wrote:
                                      >I tested this idea of displaying edited web pages.
                                      >
                                      >My test - I opened an html file, and copied the contents to a new doc. To
                                      >notetab, at this point, it is not html - it is
                                      >just a temporary file with text in it. There is no highlighting. I used F8
                                      >to view it in a browser. It showed me the
                                      >same text as Notetab, not a web page. It is the same as if I had selected
                                      >
                                      >Then, I saved it as an .html file, and edited it, not saving the edits.
                                      >This time, html highlighting is present. Again,
                                      >used F8 to display it. This time, it did display a web page, and it did
                                      >show the edits.
                                      >
                                      >I was surprised, because in the past, I have used clips to start a browser
                                      >to view an active document, but it wouldn't
                                      >display unless it was saved first. And, it was not a web page, it was a
                                      >text file. Actually, it was an xml file
                                      >converted to text, but it had to be saved to be displayed. I'm using the
                                      >current version of NoteTab Pro, and IE9.
                                      >
                                      >Regards,
                                      >John
                                    • Alec Burgess
                                      Message 18 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                        On 2011-03-27 14:41, John Shotsky wrote:
                                        > I tested this idea of displaying edited web pages.
                                        >
                                        > My test - I opened an html file, and copied the contents to a new doc.
                                        > To notetab, at this point, it is not html - it is
                                        > just a temporary file with text in it. There is no highlighting. I
                                        > used F8 to view it in a browser. It showed me the
                                        > same text as Notetab, not a web page. It is the same as if I had
                                        > selected 'View Source' on a web page.
                                        You can use rename (r-click on tab) on a new page and change its
                                        extension from .html and then display it with [View in Browser] w/o
                                        having to save it first.

                                        > Then, I saved it as an .html file, and edited it, not saving the
                                        > edits. This time, html highlighting is present. Again,
                                        > used F8 to display it. This time, it did display a web page, and it
                                        > did show the edits.
                                        >
                                        > I was surprised, because in the past, I have used clips to start a
                                        > browser to view an active document, but it wouldn't
                                        > display unless it was saved first. And, it was not a web page, it was
                                        > a text file. Actually, it was an xml fileconverted to text, but it had
                                        > to be saved to be displayed. I'm using the current version of NoteTab
                                        > Pro, and IE9.
                                        > Regards ... Alec (buralex@gmail& WinLiveMess - alec.m.burgess@skype)
                                      • Art Kocsis
                                        Message 19 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                          Kerry, [assuming that you are also lovemypekes444]

                                          MCBastos has perfectly described the Notetab process and I strongly doubt
                                          that that has changed on your system. The far more likely problem is your
                                          browser. [BTW, when asking for help it helps us tremendously if you fully
                                          describe the problem AND the environment such as your browser and operating
                                          system including version numbers.]

                                          Since you later said that you use Firefox you may not realize that a major
                                          change happened last week with the release of v4.0. If you had automatic
                                          updates enabled you now have a new browser with new settings and defaults.
                                          ["Tools | Options | Advanced | Update"]

                                          The prime suspect is your browser cache. If the browser doesn't think the
                                          file has changed (local or internet), it will reload the page from its
                                          cache. In FF to force a refresh which bypasses the cache, use shift-refresh
                                          [either "View | Shift-Reload" or Shift-Click the reload icon]. You can also
                                          turn caching off in FF. Enter "about:config" in the URL window and scroll
                                          down to the browser.cache section and change both browser.cache.disk.enable
                                          and browser.cache.memory.enable to false [double click to toggle settings]

                                          Also examine the URL and verify that the file name is correct and not a
                                          temp file name.

                                          It appears that you are missing out on the benefits of using tabs. You
                                          should have been opening the new file versions in separate tabs not
                                          separate windows. [Go to "Tools | Options | Tabs" and make sure that "Open
                                          new windows in a new tab" is checked.] This also makes it very easy and
                                          convenient to compare the results of changes to your pages.

                                          HTH

                                          Namaste', Art

                                          At 03/26/2011 20:26, you wrote:
                                          >Yes, that is what I do. I save the file just before using the "open in
                                          >browser" command.
                                          >
                                          >Then, after viewing it, if I determine that I need to make additional
                                          >changes, I go back into NoteTab and make the changes and then save it and
                                          >then go back to the browser and refresh it. That is the way I have always
                                          >done it and it always worked for me when I did it that way.
                                          >
                                          >Then the other day I turned on my computer and opened up my NoteTab
                                          >program and it didn't work that way anymore.
                                          >Kerry Coates in New Mexico, USA

                                        • John Shotsky
                                          Message 20 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                            Art,

                                            Yes, I realized after I sent that that the problem was that I was creating new, unsaved documents, and that they had to
                                            be saved in order to get a file type in the first place. So I do understand why my converted documents didn't display
                                            before saving.

                                            At 03/27/2011 11:41, you wrote:
                                            >I tested this idea of displaying edited web pages.
                                            >
                                            >My test - I opened an html file, and copied the contents to a new doc. To
                                            >notetab, at this point, it is not html - it is
                                            >just a temporary file with text in it. There is no highlighting. I used F8
                                            >to view it in a browser. It showed me the
                                            >same text as Notetab, not a web page. It is the same as if I had selected
                                            >
                                            >Then, I saved it as an .html file, and edited it, not saving the edits.
                                            >This time, html highlighting is present. Again,
                                            >used F8 to display it. This time, it did display a web page, and it did
                                            >show the edits.
                                            >
                                            >I was surprised, because in the past, I have used clips to start a browser
                                            >to view an active document, but it wouldn't
                                            >display unless it was saved first. And, it was not a web page, it was a
                                            >text file. Actually, it was an xml file
                                            >converted to text, but it had to be saved to be displayed. I'm using the
                                            >current version of NoteTab Pro, and IE9.
                                            >
                                            >Regards,
                                            >John

                                          • Art Kocsis
                                            Message 21 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                              John,

                                              No that was my point. Sorry I didn't make it clearer.

                                              You do NOT have to save a new file to get a filetype - it already has one.
                                              Unless you have changed your NTB defaults your default filetype is "txt".
                                              If you don't see a filetype in your tabs perhaps you have the filetype
                                              display in tabs turned off. [See "View | Options | Tab Bar | Show File
                                              Extension"]

                                              When sending a doc to a browser, NTB either sends the current filename and
                                              filetype (if the latest edit has been saved), or creates a new randomly
                                              named temp file (if the latest edit has not been saved - this includes a
                                              brand new doc), using an identical filetype as the original doc. [Remember,
                                              the default name that NTB creates when we open a new doc is still a very
                                              valid file name - we humans just tend to think of them being temp names.]

                                              Create a new doc, do not save it but right click the doc tab and change the
                                              filetype (only) to "htm". Now have NTB send it to your browser and you will
                                              find it rendered correctly as an HTML page and the URL will show a temp
                                              name with an htm filetype.

                                              Namaste', Art

                                              Message 22 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                                Thank you, Art! Yes, I always work with tabs and my file names were correct (not a temp file name). You have to excuse me -- I am not up on all the "language" and I think it has been a couple of years since I have even posted to the group -- (...she looks down and shuffles her feet.....) -- so I guess I left out some important information when I screamed "Help" -- I was pretty frustrated. I hope you will all forgive me........

                                                I think I will just use the "Shift/Refresh" trick instead of messing with my config file. I put it into the URL window and got a warning message and decided I better just do it the long way.....dingy as I am, I wouldn't want to mess anything up.

                                                Also, I know I really shouldn't include my automatic signature and I appologize once again, but it is so long that when I hit "Reply" it runs over the previous message -- I remembered to take it off one time and ended up deleting most of the previous message. I will try to be more aware in the future......

                                                Thank you everyone for all your help!!!

                                                  Message 24 of 28 , Mar 27, 2011
                                                    Hi Kerry,

                                                    No problem. We have all been there.

                                                    To see your FF version, click on "Help | About".

                                                    Don't be too concerned about the FF warning re about:config. It is quite
                                                    safe to look at the options and make simple changes. The warning is just a
                                                    CYA from Mozilla similar to a warning on screwdrivers to wear eye
                                                    protection. Besides, that was only meant to unequivocally prove that it was
                                                    a cache phenomenon. You don't normally want to run any browser without
                                                    enabling cache. It would significantly slow you down.

                                                    Don't sell yourself short. I doubt you're "dingy" at all.

                                                    Re your signature: no client email app should overwrite a quoted message
                                                    but I don't use Outlook Express so I can't help you there.

                                                    Feedback request:

                                                    Were you updated? (Is your FF version= 4.0?)

                                                    Did the Shift-click refresh solve the problem?

                                                    Please report back so that others who may have similar problems will know.
                                                    (As well as satisfy our curiosity<g>.)

                                                    Namaste', Art

                                                    Message 25 of 28 , Mar 28, 2011
                                                      Art,

                                                      FF Version 3.6.12

                                                      I worked some in NoteTabPro last night and, no, the Shift/Refresh did not work. So I just did it the way I figured out....."open in browser" and then click on a different link in my menu bar on the page and then click on the link to the page I was working on, then refresh. After that, I would no longer "open in browser" but rather just leave the old tab open. Then when I worked on a different web page I would just click on it from the drop down menu on my page and it would show the new changes I just made.

                                                      The site I am working on is www.GNLD-Neolife.com and it has a drop down menu bar across (near) the top of the page so I have been using that to navigate to the pages instead of the "view in browser" (after initially opening up one page in the browser). If I search for the page using the menu in that way, the refresh button in FF works, so I can go into the drop down menu, find the page I am updating and then just hit refresh when I make a change. I find that the first time I get to the page I am working on, the most recent changes show up when the page opens. The address in the URL window is quite long. Example: file:///F:/Maxtor%20backup/GANDALFE/C/Documents%20and%20Settings/Kerry%20Coates/My%20Documents/Web%20Pages/0-GNLD-neolife/GN%20html%20files/video-list.htm

                                                      I built the site in haste and now I am going back in doing SEO, checking code for errors and optimizing my alt tags, etc. -- sometimes adding new information -- but the site is almost done, just a few more pages to build. I started building it four months ago and the site has about 300 pages I think...........I still have to create a logo banner for the top -- I slapped one together "for now" but am anxious to get it changed. I also want to figure out a different way to do the right column menu list.

                                                    • Brian Mailman
                                                      Message 26 of 28 , Mar 28, 2011
                                                        Art Kocsis wrote:

                                                        > Re your signature: no client email app should overwrite a quoted message
                                                        > but I don't use Outlook Express so I can't help you there.

                                                        I don't either, but from my time as a "counselor" in alt.config, I
                                                        learned there's a third-party add-on called "QuoteFix."

                                                        Also, your .signature should be prooperly delimited; a dash-dash-space
                                                        with the .sig following on the line below so that when someone hits
                                                        Reply it's automatically removed.

                                                        That your .signature is longer than many messages you've posted isn't
                                                        really a technical issue.

                                                        B/

                                                        --
                                                        here's an example of how a .sig should be formed.
                                                      • Kerry Coates at GilaMountainDulcimers.com
                                                        Message 27 of 28 , Mar 28, 2011
                                                          Thank you, Brian!

                                                          I have my signature in a .txt file and Outlook Express calls it up from the .txt file. I don't know if that makes any difference -- but maybe it does since I don't have the signature typed into the Outlook Express signature feature? Anyway, I am trying to remember just to delete all but my name and my trademark, "Hugs", thingie. :-)

                                                          Hugs,
                                                          Kerry Coates in New Mexico, USA

                                                          > Re your signature: no client email app should overwrite a quoted message
                                                          > but I don't use Outlook Express so I can't help you there.

                                                          I don't either, but from my time as a "counselor" in alt.config, I
                                                          learned there's a third-party add-on called "QuoteFix."

                                                          Also, your .signature should be prooperly delimited; a dash-dash-space
                                                          with the .sig following on the line below so that when someone hits
                                                          Reply it's automatically removed.

                                                          That your .signature is longer than many messages you've posted isn't
                                                          really a technical issue.

                                                          B/

                                                          --
                                                          here's an example of how a .sig should be formed.

                                                        • S or J
                                                          Message 28 of 28 , Apr 17 11:59 AM
                                                            Hi Folks

                                                            One other possibility is a memory shortage situation, due to one or
                                                            more programs not properly releasing memory.

                                                            Normally my NoteTab Light shows a webpage just fine in the browser and
                                                            refreshes perfectly to show new content after any NoteTab save.

                                                            But if I am editing a number of webpages in NoteTab and have also used
                                                            Adobe photo programs (real memory hogs) extensively, I sometimes get
                                                            to the point when the browser stubbornly ignores a refresh command
                                                            after a NoteTab save.

                                                            My solution is to completely close Adobe's Photoshop or Elements; I
                                                            then close the browser and reopen it. I also close and reopen NoteTab.
                                                            Then the browser will almost always show the latest NoteTab webpage
                                                            correctly. [And if not, a computer restart always restores normality
                                                            in NoteTab and the browser.]

                                                            Yes I could experiment with closing only one or two of these programs
                                                            but it only takes a few seconds to close all three and reopen just the
                                                            NoteTab/browser combo and usually get right back to work.

                                                            HTH
                                                            Steve in Thunder Bay

                                                            Posted by: "lovemypekes444" kerrykcoates@...
                                                            Date: Sun Apr 17, 2011 3:50 am ((PDT))