TRYING TO GET UNSTUCK FROM "HOME PLATE"!

  • cashtainer4me
    Message 1 of 2 , Mar 26, 2011
      Hello, everyone:
      Just yesterday I downloaded and installed NoteTab Lite 6.2 (freeware software)and immediately felt I made a great decision in doing so.
      There is one problem, though. With the regular NotePad, after you click on the icon from the Start Menu, the NotePad screen immediately pops up
      displaying a blank "slate", for you to paste or type in anything you wish.

      Now, with NoteTab, however, the first screen that pops up is initially anything but blank. Instead it shows the "CaptureLinks" page with the NoteTab Tips in the middle of it, the latter of which I've since disabled.

      My MAIN QUESTION IS: Before I get really deeper into the "capturing" features of NoteTab, how do I type any personal notes, messages, texts--of my own--into NoteTab?

      (I've since captured a link and it is now stored in the "Open Links web page". I click on this latter link and am shown another page where I click [OK] and am instantly taken to the URL I've captured and saved. This portion of NoteTab works just great!)

      So, any help and assistance "you-all" regarding my problem will be deeply appreciated, as I don't want to be "stuck" at home plate the rest of my life! LOL!☺

      Thank you very much! cashtainer4me
    • loro
      Message 2 of 2 , Mar 26, 2011
        Hi and welcome :-)

        cashtainer4me wrote:
        >Just yesterday I downloaded and installed NoteTab Lite 6.2 (freeware
        >software)and immediately felt I made a great decision in doing so.
        >There is one problem, though. With the regular NotePad, after you
        >click on the icon from the Start Menu, the NotePad screen immediately pops up
        >displaying a blank "slate", for you to paste or type in anything you wish.
        >
        >Now, with NoteTab, however, the first screen that pops up is
        >initially anything but blank. Instead it shows the "CaptureLinks"
        >page with the NoteTab Tips in the middle of it, the latter of which
        >I've since disabled.
        >
        >My MAIN QUESTION IS: Before I get really deeper into the "capturing"
        >features of NoteTab, how do I type any personal notes, messages,
        >texts--of my own--into NoteTab?
        >
        >(I've since captured a link and it is now stored in the "Open Links
        >web page". I click on this latter link and am shown another page
        >where I click [OK] and am instantly taken to the URL I've captured
        >and saved. This portion of NoteTab works just great!)
        >
        >So, any help and assistance "you-all" regarding my problem will be
        >deeply appreciated, as I don't want to be "stuck" at home plate the
        >rest of my life! LOL!☺

        Notetab can reopen the documents that was opened when it was closed.
        That's probably what's happening here. Go to Tools | Options |
        General tab and untick the box labeled "Reload Open Documents" if you
        don't want that.

        But unlike Notepad Notetab can have many documents open at the same
        time, so if you want to keep that link capture one open you can just
        open a new document and type all you want (Ctrl + N or File | New or
        click the New Document button to the left on the toolbar).

        Lotta