Re: [NTB] NoteTab on a Mac

  • Tony Hirtenstein
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 2, 2011
      On Mon, 28 Feb 2011 13:04:09 -0300, "Marcelo Bastos" <bytext@...>
      so much as wrote:

      ; 1. Install Windows (probably by means of Boot Camp, so you can choose
      ; Windows or MacOS on boot).
      ; 2. Use a virtualization solution to run Windows inside MacOS -- like
      ; Parallels, or VMWare, or VirtualBox. Some of those offer so-called
      ; "seamless" mode, where you have a Windows application apparently
      ; floating on a Mac desktop.
      ; 3. Use a compatibility layer utility, like Wine or Crossover, that lets
      ; an Windows application "talk" to the MacOS environment. This has the
      ; additional advantage of not requiring you to purchase a Windows license,...
      ; But it might be a tad more complicated to configure.

      Thank you. I had already downloaded Wine, but the installation
      instructions are beyond me. Even the Readme files are gibberish on the Mac. I
      shall have to investigate Crossover.

      I was rather expecting to be told to use a Mac programme in place of
      NoteTab. But it seems to be unique.

      --

      West Oxfordshire ******************* <tonyh@...>