Re: Options | General | Allow Multiple instances

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 22, 2011
      Yes, you're wrong. AND you didn't read my previous reply.

      So far, the only info you have given, is that you have multi-intances DISABLED. TWICE.

      What you're NOT saying is, how you're opening another instance.
      If you want help, be specific.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Al Guevara" <al@...> wrote:

      > I'm saying I have the checkmark there, checked, yet I can still open multiple NTP's? Checked means only one copy can be opened, or am I wrong?
      >
      > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@> wrote:
      > >
      > > There are several ways you can override the multi-instance setting. You're going to have to be more specific.

    • Al Guevara
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
        By the short-cut (lnk), and by right-clicking and opening files.

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

        > Yes, you're wrong. AND you didn't read my previous reply.
        >
        > So far, the only info you have given, is that you have multi-intances DISABLED. TWICE.
        >
        > What you're NOT saying is, how you're opening another instance.
        > If you want help, be specific.
        >

        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Al Guevara" <al@> wrote:
        > >
        > > I'm saying I have the checkmark there, checked, yet I can still open multiple NTP's? Checked means only one copy can be opened, or am I wrong?
        > >
        > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > There are several ways you can override the multi-instance setting. You're going to have to be more specific.

      • Mick Housel
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
          Remove the checkmark, that allows NTB to run multiple instances.

          Mick

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
            Thank you Mick - but I DONT want it to run more than one, and with NO checkmark on that option, I can still open multiple instances.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
              I should have stated that having the checkbox marked (aka choosing Yes)
              allows multiple instances while unchecked does not. At least that seems
              to be normal behavior in my experience with NTB. Unchecked causes NTB to
              open the associated file in the existing window, whether it's
              double-clicked, right click and then told to Open With or Send To NTB.
              With the box checked, a new instances opens with any of the
              aforementioned actions. I presume that's how it's intended to function.

              I was simply stating that fact, albeit with with less detail.

              Mick

              On 2/25/2011 6:43 PM, Al Guevara wrote:
              > Thank you Mick - but I DONT want it to run more than one, and with NO
              > checkmark on that option, I can still open multiple instances.
              >
              > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>, Mick
              > Housel <motomania@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Remove the checkmark, that allows NTB to run multiple instances.
              > >
              > > Mick
              > >
              > > On 2/22/2011 8:50 AM, Al Guevara wrote:
              > > > I'm saying I have the checkmark there, checked, yet I can still open
              > > > multiple NTP's? Checked means only one copy can be opened, or am I
              > wrong?
              > > >
              > > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>
              > <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>, "Eb"

              > > > You're going to have to be more specific.

            • Sheri
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 26, 2011
                On 2/25/2011 9:43 PM, Al Guevara wrote:

                > Thank you Mick - but I DONT want it to run more than one, and with NO
                > checkmark on that option, I can still open multiple instances.

                Are you using the same shortcut each time you "start" NoteTab? Use of
                varying sets of startup options on the command line (e.g. different ini
                files or instance ids) is the most obvious way to override the multiple
                instances option. If you do have varying sets of startup options for
                some reason and want to try to keep them in one instance, you can try
                giving each one the same Instance ID. See Command-line Parameters in the
                help file.

                Regards,
                Sheri