Re: Options | General | Allow Multiple instances

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 21, 2011
      There are several ways you can override the multi-instance setting. You're going to have to be more specific.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Tucson-webdesign.com <al@...> wrote:

      > Hi Group
      > I dont have this "Allow Multiple instances" checked off, yet I can open two NotePro's.
      > What's up wid dat?
      >

      > Thank you much!
      > Al Guevara

    • Al Guevara
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 22, 2011
        I'm saying I have the checkmark there, checked, yet I can still open multiple NTP's? Checked means only one copy can be opened, or am I wrong?

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

        > There are several ways you can override the multi-instance setting. You're going to have to be more specific.
        >
        > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Tucson-webdesign.com <al@> wrote:
        > >
        > > Hi Group
        > > I dont have this "Allow Multiple instances" checked off, yet I can open two NotePro's.
        > > What's up wid dat?
        > >

        > > Thank you much!
        > > Al Guevara

      • Eb
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2011
          Yes, you're wrong. AND you didn't read my previous reply.

          So far, the only info you have given, is that you have multi-intances DISABLED. TWICE.

          What you're NOT saying is, how you're opening another instance.
          If you want help, be specific.

          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
            By the short-cut (lnk), and by right-clicking and opening files.

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

            > Yes, you're wrong. AND you didn't read my previous reply.
            >
            > So far, the only info you have given, is that you have multi-intances DISABLED. TWICE.
            >
            > What you're NOT saying is, how you're opening another instance.
            > If you want help, be specific.
            >

            > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Al Guevara" <al@> wrote:
            > >
            > > I'm saying I have the checkmark there, checked, yet I can still open multiple NTP's? Checked means only one copy can be opened, or am I wrong?
            > >
            > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > There are several ways you can override the multi-instance setting. You're going to have to be more specific.

          • Mick Housel
            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
              Remove the checkmark, that allows NTB to run multiple instances.

              Mick

              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
                Thank you Mick - but I DONT want it to run more than one, and with NO checkmark on that option, I can still open multiple instances.

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
                  I should have stated that having the checkbox marked (aka choosing Yes)
                  allows multiple instances while unchecked does not. At least that seems
                  to be normal behavior in my experience with NTB. Unchecked causes NTB to
                  open the associated file in the existing window, whether it's
                  double-clicked, right click and then told to Open With or Send To NTB.
                  With the box checked, a new instances opens with any of the
                  aforementioned actions. I presume that's how it's intended to function.

                  I was simply stating that fact, albeit with with less detail.

                  Mick

                  On 2/25/2011 6:43 PM, Al Guevara wrote:
                  > Thank you Mick - but I DONT want it to run more than one, and with NO
                  > checkmark on that option, I can still open multiple instances.
                  >
                  > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>, Mick
                  > Housel <motomania@...> wrote:
                  > >
                  > > Remove the checkmark, that allows NTB to run multiple instances.
                  > >
                  > > Mick
                  > >
                  > > On 2/22/2011 8:50 AM, Al Guevara wrote:
                  > > > I'm saying I have the checkmark there, checked, yet I can still open
                  > > > multiple NTP's? Checked means only one copy can be opened, or am I
                  > wrong?
                  > > >
                  > > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>
                  > <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>, "Eb"

                  > > > You're going to have to be more specific.

                • Sheri
                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 26, 2011
                    On 2/25/2011 9:43 PM, Al Guevara wrote:

                    > Thank you Mick - but I DONT want it to run more than one, and with NO
                    > checkmark on that option, I can still open multiple instances.

                    Are you using the same shortcut each time you "start" NoteTab? Use of
                    varying sets of startup options on the command line (e.g. different ini
                    files or instance ids) is the most obvious way to override the multiple
                    instances option. If you do have varying sets of startup options for
                    some reason and want to try to keep them in one instance, you can try
                    giving each one the same Instance ID. See Command-line Parameters in the
                    help file.

                    Regards,
                    Sheri