Options | General | Allow Multiple instances

  • Tucson-webdesign.com
    Message 1 of 9 , Feb 19, 2011
      Hi Group
      I dont have this "Allow Multiple instances" checked off, yet I can open two NotePro's.
      What's up wid dat?

      Thank you much!
      Al Guevara

    • Eb
      Message 2 of 9 , Feb 21, 2011
        There are several ways you can override the multi-instance setting. You're going to have to be more specific.

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Tucson-webdesign.com <al@...> wrote:

        > Hi Group
        > I dont have this "Allow Multiple instances" checked off, yet I can open two NotePro's.
        > What's up wid dat?
        >

        > Thank you much!
        > Al Guevara

      • Al Guevara
        Message 3 of 9 , Feb 22, 2011
          I'm saying I have the checkmark there, checked, yet I can still open multiple NTP's? Checked means only one copy can be opened, or am I wrong?

          --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

          > There are several ways you can override the multi-instance setting. You're going to have to be more specific.
          >
          > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Tucson-webdesign.com <al@> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi Group
          > > I dont have this "Allow Multiple instances" checked off, yet I can open two NotePro's.
          > > What's up wid dat?
          > >

          > > Thank you much!
          > > Al Guevara

        • Eb
          Message 4 of 9 , Feb 22, 2011
            Yes, you're wrong. AND you didn't read my previous reply.

            So far, the only info you have given, is that you have multi-intances DISABLED. TWICE.

            What you're NOT saying is, how you're opening another instance.
            If you want help, be specific.

            Message 5 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
              By the short-cut (lnk), and by right-clicking and opening files.

              --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@...> wrote:

              > Yes, you're wrong. AND you didn't read my previous reply.
              >
              > So far, the only info you have given, is that you have multi-intances DISABLED. TWICE.
              >
              > What you're NOT saying is, how you're opening another instance.
              > If you want help, be specific.
              >

              > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Al Guevara" <al@> wrote:
              > >
              > > I'm saying I have the checkmark there, checked, yet I can still open multiple NTP's? Checked means only one copy can be opened, or am I wrong?
              > >
              > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Eb" <ebbtidalflats@> wrote:
              > > >
              > > > There are several ways you can override the multi-instance setting. You're going to have to be more specific.

            • Mick Housel
              Message 6 of 9 , Feb 23, 2011
                Remove the checkmark, that allows NTB to run multiple instances.

                Mick

                Message 7 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
                  Thank you Mick - but I DONT want it to run more than one, and with NO checkmark on that option, I can still open multiple instances.

                  Message 8 of 9 , Feb 25, 2011
                    I should have stated that having the checkbox marked (aka choosing Yes)
                    allows multiple instances while unchecked does not. At least that seems
                    to be normal behavior in my experience with NTB. Unchecked causes NTB to
                    open the associated file in the existing window, whether it's
                    double-clicked, right click and then told to Open With or Send To NTB.
                    With the box checked, a new instances opens with any of the
                    aforementioned actions. I presume that's how it's intended to function.

                    I was simply stating that fact, albeit with with less detail.

                    Mick

                    On 2/25/2011 6:43 PM, Al Guevara wrote:
                    > Thank you Mick - but I DONT want it to run more than one, and with NO
                    > checkmark on that option, I can still open multiple instances.
                    >
                    > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>, Mick
                    > Housel <motomania@...> wrote:
                    > >
                    > > Remove the checkmark, that allows NTB to run multiple instances.
                    > >
                    > > Mick
                    > >
                    > > On 2/22/2011 8:50 AM, Al Guevara wrote:
                    > > > I'm saying I have the checkmark there, checked, yet I can still open
                    > > > multiple NTP's? Checked means only one copy can be opened, or am I
                    > wrong?
                    > > >
                    > > > --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>
                    > <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com>, "Eb"

                    > > > You're going to have to be more specific.

                  • Sheri
                    Message 9 of 9 , Feb 26, 2011
                      On 2/25/2011 9:43 PM, Al Guevara wrote:

                      > Thank you Mick - but I DONT want it to run more than one, and with NO
                      > checkmark on that option, I can still open multiple instances.

                      Are you using the same shortcut each time you "start" NoteTab? Use of
                      varying sets of startup options on the command line (e.g. different ini
                      files or instance ids) is the most obvious way to override the multiple
                      instances option. If you do have varying sets of startup options for
                      some reason and want to try to keep them in one instance, you can try
                      giving each one the same Instance ID. See Command-line Parameters in the
                      help file.

                      Regards,
                      Sheri