Re: How Do I Write An Auto-Replace Clipbook?

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 13, 2011
      Hi RetiredEngineer1,

      1. Create any clip library by right-click in the clipbook title pane (where the name of the current clipbook is displayed.
      2. Select New, give it a name
      3. Next right-click in the pane below, and select Add new clip, give it a name.
      4. enter whatever you wish the clip to contain.

      5. To make it auto-replace, right click on the clip name, and select Auto-replace. NOTE: this makes the entire library auto-replace.

      6. SAVE the library after changing this switch, otherwise the setting will get lost.

      7. Add clips as needed, according to step 3 & 4.

      Here are a few more tips regarding Auto-replace:

      You can mix auto-replace clips and non-replace clips in the same library. TO make a clip NON-auto-replace, just put a SPACE anywhere into the clip's name. Or use any of the Autor-replace trigger characters (aka activation keys).

      Auto-replace clips do not need to have code in them. Just plain text will work - it pastes to replace the clip's name after you type it.

      If you DO have clip code in an auto-replace clip, it can call other clips, just like any clip can.

      Biggest problem source with auto-replace clips: "^&" which places the cursor but also causes the activation key to be discarded after pasting the ar content. If the clip does NOT contain the ^& code, it will retain the activation key, and paste it after the content.

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Harold" <noffkehw@...> wrote:
      > could not find a template, sample/source code, or how-to's for creating
      > auto-replace clipbooks of my own.
      >
      > Could someone please direct me to any available source code or self-help
      > data for writing auto-replace clipbooks?
    • loro
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 13, 2011
        Eb wrote:
        >5. To make it auto-replace, right click on the clip name, and select
        >Auto-replace. NOTE: this makes the entire library auto-replace.

        I'll be! Unbelievable, but I've never noticed that option. OK, I
        don't use auto-replace and I guess I never look below the second
        section on the context menu, but anyway. It's amazing that after all
        these years Notetab still has secrets.

        Lotta
      • Eb
        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 15, 2011
          Yes, I too continuously discover new things. I guess NoteTab has just too many features. Maybe we should complain to Eric <g>.

          skoal

          Eb