Re: WordStar key bindings

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 7, 2011
      No list that I can find. The only list you have is NoteTabs default key bindings. Looks like you're on your own here. Why not just try it out. Change the keymapping in advanced options (you can always change them back).

      Don't expect support for WS cursor commands. Of course the DOT commands are not part of key mapptng, so they will not be supported.
      You'll have to suffer with the clip commands instead.

      Use your list of wordstar commands, try them one at a time. See what happens. You can always change it back without any residual effects.

      Just for laughs, you can then report your results back here, and become the WordStar expert ;-).

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Robert Bull <barlennan@...> wrote:

      > NTP's Help says you can change to WordStar key bindings. Please, is
      > there a list of exactly which are and aren't supported?
      >
      > --
      > Thanks,
      >
      > Robert Bull
      > mailto:barlennan@...

    • Robert Bull
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 13, 2011
        Hello, Eb;

        E> Don't expect support for WS cursor commands. Of course the DOT
        E> commands are not part of key mapptng, so they will not be
        E> supported. You'll have to suffer with the clip commands instead.

        Wasn't worried about DOT commands, just Ctrl-K,B etc. On reflection,
        I imagine I'd be lucky if NTP responded to two-key commands.

        E> Just for laughs, you can then report your results back here, and
        E> become the WordStar expert ;-).

        Maybe I'll just stick to my DOS WordStar-style editor (VDE) for
        flowing text, or find a Windows one, and use NTP for what it does
        well. My impression is that a great deal of the power and value of NTP
        (and Lite) resides in the Clipbook system. I made a small simple
        clipbook for forum posting, and find it convenient for some things,
        though others are simpler just to remember.

        Robert Bull
        mailto:barlennan@...