RE: [NTB] correcting my ebook, paraagraph beginning word

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 5, 2011
      The following should do it. (Copied to the clip group too.)
      ;This clip upper cases the first letter after a CR
      ^!Jump Doc_Start
      :ParaCap
      ^!Find "\R\"?\K(\p{Ll})" IRS
      ^!IfError Done
      ^!InsertText ^$StrUpper("^$GetSelection$")$
      ^!GoTo ParaCap
      :Done

      Regards,
      John
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 7, 2011
        You've already gotten an answer using a clip.
        If you want to just find the paragraphs beginning with other than an uppercase letter, using the menu-based Find option:

        1. Open search/Find
        2. select Regular expression,
        3. enter the find text (without quotes):
        "^\P{Lu}"

        "^" looks for matches at the beginnig of a paragraph (line after hard carriage return).

        "\P{Lu}" finds ONE character that is NOT uppercase.

        If you need to search for non-literals often, I'd suggest you read "Help on Regular Expressions" (third entry on the NoteTab Pro help menu). For a quick start click on its "PCRE Syntax Summary" link, about mid page of the help file, at full screen.

        Cheers,

        Eb