correcting my ebook, paraagraph beginning word

  • texhenge
    Message 1 of 3 , Feb 4, 2011
      In my case, an ebook of hundreds of paragraphs, each separated by a blank line, the first word of each new paragraph should begin with a capital letter (or a simple quotation mark).

      I've tried dozens of "Search" terms trying to find paragraphs beginning with a non-capital letter, but have failed.

      Please help! Thanks. For testing purposes, here are two examples:

      in my case, an ebook of hundreds of paragraphs, each separated by a blank line, the first word of each new paragraph should begin with a capital letter (or a simple quotation mark).

      i've tried dozens of "Search" terms trying to find paragraphs beginning with a non-capital letter, but have failed.
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 3 , Feb 5, 2011
        The following should do it. (Copied to the clip group too.)
        ;This clip upper cases the first letter after a CR
        ^!Jump Doc_Start
        :ParaCap
        ^!Find "\R\"?\K(\p{Ll})" IRS
        ^!IfError Done
        ^!InsertText ^$StrUpper("^$GetSelection$")$
        ^!GoTo ParaCap
        :Done

        Regards,
        John

        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 7, 2011
          You've already gotten an answer using a clip.
          If you want to just find the paragraphs beginning with other than an uppercase letter, using the menu-based Find option:

          1. Open search/Find
          2. select Regular expression,
          3. enter the find text (without quotes):
          "^\P{Lu}"

          "^" looks for matches at the beginnig of a paragraph (line after hard carriage return).

          "\P{Lu}" finds ONE character that is NOT uppercase.

          If you need to search for non-literals often, I'd suggest you read "Help on Regular Expressions" (third entry on the NoteTab Pro help menu). For a quick start click on its "PCRE Syntax Summary" link, about mid page of the help file, at full screen.

          Cheers,

          Eb