[notetab] ADMIN: Invitations

  • Cindy
    Message 1 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
      If you're already receiving mail on this list, disregard the
      INVITATION notice. <grin>

      Also, try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post. If you're on
      the list, and we have an outstanding invitation, it might conflict.
      I just want to check. If you can't post, email me at
      cas@....

      Thanks :)

      Cindy
      Cindy (cas@...)
      Homepage: http://www.ctol.net/~cas
      ICQ#: 270504

      ----
    • Cindy
      Message 2 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
        thanks for checking in :) i switched it over so when you hit reply,
        it replies to the list. i use pegasus, so it's not as easily for me
        to tell. :)

        > checking in --- Grandma Kay
        >

        > ----
        > Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/notetab/
        > subscribe, email to notetab-subscribe@... -- Start a FREE
        > E-Mail List at http://www.makelist.com !
        Cindy (cas@...)
        Homepage: http://www.ctol.net/~cas
        ICQ#: 270504

        ----
      • Dennis Cummins
        Message 3 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
          Hello, I am doing this test just to see if I can post to the list.
          Dennis

          On 1 Jul 98, 21:34 Cindy wrote:

          > If you're already receiving mail on this list, disregard the
          > INVITATION notice. <grin>
          >
          > Also, try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post. If you're on the
          > list, and we have an outstanding invitation, it might conflict. I just
          > want to check. If you can't post, email me at cas@....
          >
          > Thanks :)
          >
          > Cindy
          > Cindy (cas@...)
          > Homepage: http://www.ctol.net/~cas
          > ICQ#: 270504
          >

          > ----
          > Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/notetab/
          > --
          > Start a FREE E-Mail List at http://www.makelist.com !

          *SQD* Dennis Cummins mailto:sqd@...
          http://www.cswnet.com/~sqd/
          Key available on MIT Keyserver
          http://pgp5.ai.mit.edu:11371/pks/lookup?op=index&search=0x39DE4B59

          ----
        • Kay Roath
          Message 4 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
            7/3/98 4:23 PM Cindy wrote

            >> At 01:55 AM 07/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
            >> >Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
            >> >NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?
            C> is this something on the USER end??
            C> Cindy (cas@...)
            C> Homepage: http://www.ctol.net/~cas
            C> ICQ#: 270504

            C> ----
            C> Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/notetab/
            C> --
            C> Start a FREE E-Mail List at http://www.makelist.com !

            It's because I'm running SNT & NTP beta - never noticed it before
            because I rarely used NTP. Guess now I'll switch to rarely
            using SNT though I did SO like drag & drop :) Happy to know what
            was causing it - it was starting to get to me. Never could
            figure out why sometimes it would do multiples & other times
            worked as I expected. At least now I know.

            --- Grandma Kay

            ----
          • Kay Roath
            Message 5 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
              7/3/98 4:33 PM Cindy wrote

              >> Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
              >> NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?
              >> I'm not sure when it started but it's been since the beta that I
              >> keep getting random multiples on SNT / NTP / NTPbeta. It's weird.
              >> (Win95)
              C> I have to be really tired, I didn't understand a thing you said.
              C> <GRIN> What has multiple instances, the list or notetab

              Whoops - miscommunication. Was getting the NoteTab programs
              loaded with each new file I was trying to read instead of each
              one in a tab in the same program. If I tried to send 3 files
              to NTP, I got a new NTP for each one. Nothing to do with the
              list.
              --- Grandma Kay

              ----
            • George Tracy
              Message 6 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
                Am I the first?

                On Wed, 1 Jul 1998 21:34:24 +0000, Cindy <cas@...> wrote:

                >If you're already receiving mail on this list, disregard the
                >INVITATION notice. <grin>
                >
                >Also, try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post. If you're on
                >the list, and we have an outstanding invitation, it might conflict.

                --

                ----
              • Lawrence R. Thomas
                Message 7 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
                  At 09:34 PM 7/1/98 +0000, you wrote:

                  >If you're already receiving mail on this list, disregard the
                  >INVITATION notice. <grin>
                  >
                  >Also, try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post.

                  This is my test post.

                  Larry Thomas
                  larryt@...

                  ----
                • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
                  Message 8 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
                    Thanks Cindy.

                    --
                    Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen WayneMV@...
                    Homepage: http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv

                    Libertarians for Privacy RC5-64 Cracking Team
                    http://homepages.together.net/~hardy/VTLP/rc5.html

                    ----
                  • Kay Roath
                    Message 9 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
                      checking in --- Grandma Kay

                      ----
                    • Jody Adair
                      Message 10 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
                        Hi Cindy,

                        >thanks for checking in :) i switched it over so when you hit reply,
                        >it replies to the list.

                        Yep, does good now Cindy, thanks. Did you check on shortening
                        up [notetab] while you were there? With the "Re: [Notetab] ADMIN:"
                        I can just about right a whole subject line. :)

                        Später,
                        Jody

                        I can only please one person a day.
                        Today is obviously not your day.
                        Tomorrow does not look good either. :-)
                        http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

                        ----
                      • Kay Roath
                        Message 11 of 24 , Jul 1, 1998
                          7/2/98 12:13 AM Jody Adair wrote

                          >>checking in --- Grandma Kay

                          JA> Since when does Granny have to check in with the kids. :)

                          Since the kids keep moving......This list seems to be working
                          well. I looked at the site a few days ago but moved on when it
                          said you had to have cookies active to manage a list & I don't
                          normally do the 'cookie' or graphics things. Bless you, Opera.

                          Message 12 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                            Hi Kay,

                            >Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
                            >NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?

                            Have never seen one and I always keep it unchecked unless I am
                            checking for something. Although, I do not launch files to open
                            in NTB, sendto, etc. much either.

                            BCNU L8TR G8TR
                            Jody
                            ICQ UIN# 6676919
                            http://www.mindspring.com/~kjb1611

                            ----
                          • Eric G.V. Fookes
                            Message 13 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                              Hi Cindy,

                              >If you're already receiving mail on this list, disregard the
                              >INVITATION notice. <grin>
                              >
                              >Also, try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post. If you're on
                              >the list, and we have an outstanding invitation, it might conflict.
                              >I just want to check. If you can't post, email me at
                              >cas@....

                              Thank you so much for setting up this list! You're a great help to all of
                              us :-)

                              Best regards,
                              Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
                            • Eric G.V. Fookes
                              Message 14 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                Hi Kay,

                                >Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
                                >NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?
                                >I'm not sure when it started but it's been since the beta that I
                                >keep getting random multiples on SNT / NTP / NTPbeta. It's
                                >weird. (Win95)

                                The Multiple Instances feature won't work properly if you run both Super
                                NoteTab and NoteTab Pro at the same time. They interfere with each others
                                detection method since both applications belong to the same window class.

                                Best regards,
                                Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>
                              • R.S.
                                Message 15 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                  At 01:55 AM 07/02/98 -0500, you wrote:
                                  >Is anyone else having trouble with multiple instances of the
                                  >NoteTab's even though Allow Multiple Instances is NOT checked?

                                  Nope.

                                  Regards,

                                  RS

                                  ----
                                • Carl Swann
                                  Message 16 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                    Cindy wrote:

                                    >... try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post.

                                    Here's my post!

                                    oOOo-(_)-oOOo

                                    ----
                                  • Kay Hayen
                                    Message 17 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                      Hello.

                                      One thing I'd like to suggest. Could NoteTab read a file from the standard input?

                                      like:

                                      type bible.txt | grep -e "and the lord failed" | notepad

                                      That would easy some things substantially. Currently this would
                                      have to overcome with some ugly trick.

                                      Greeetings, Kay

                                      ----
                                    • Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen
                                      Message 18 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                        Kay Hayen wrote:

                                        >One thing I'd like to suggest. Could NoteTab read a file from the
                                        >standard input?
                                        >
                                        >like:
                                        >
                                        >type bible.txt | grep -e "and the lord failed" | notepad

                                        By the way, NoteAwk will do what you want. To the best of my
                                        knowledge, the "Find Lines" clip fully emulates the GNU grep utility,
                                        including its regular expression syntax.

                                        Load "bible.txt" into NoteTab, and use CTRL-A to select all the text.
                                        Use NoteAwk's "Find Lines" clip setting SEARCH FOR to "and the lord
                                        failed", and set LINES THAT to "MATCH". Choose whether you want
                                        the output to replace the selected or to go into a new document.
                                        Decide if the search should be case sensitive. Go hit okay.

                                        --
                                        Wayne M. VanWeerthuizen WayneMV@...
                                        Homepage: http://www2.localaccess.com/waynemv

                                        Libertarians for Privacy RC5-64 Cracking Team
                                        http://homepages.together.net/~hardy/VTLP/rc5.html

                                        ----
                                      • Len & Mary
                                        Message 19 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                          Hi Cindy;

                                          Good work. Let me know if you don't receive this.

                                          At 09:34 PM 7/1/98 +0000, you wrote:
                                          >If you're already receiving mail on this list, disregard the
                                          >INVITATION notice. <grin>
                                          >
                                          >Also, try posting to the list to make sure you CAN post. If you're on
                                          >the list, and we have an outstanding invitation, it might conflict.
                                          >I just want to check. If you can't post, email me at
                                          >cas@....
                                          >
                                          >Thanks :)
                                          >
                                          >Cindy
                                          >Cindy (cas@...)
                                          >Homepage: http://www.ctol.net/~cas
                                          >ICQ#: 270504
                                          >

                                          >----
                                          >Read this list on the Web at http://www.makelist.com/list/notetab/
                                          >--
                                          >Start a FREE E-Mail List at http://www.makelist.com !

                                          Len & Mary <mjlohj@...>

                                          ----
                                        • Kay Hayen
                                          Message 20 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                            Hi,

                                            > >One thing I'd like to suggest. Could NoteTab read a file from the
                                            > >standard input?
                                            > >
                                            > >like:
                                            > >
                                            > >type bible.txt | grep -e "and the lord failed" | notepad
                                            >
                                            > By the way, NoteAwk will do what you want. To the best of my
                                            > knowledge, the "Find Lines" clip fully emulates the GNU grep utility,
                                            > including its regular expression syntax.

                                            I know. But it's just the false way round. Most often I will be in a
                                            situation to do some testing with my commandline software.

                                            genpatch test1 test2 test.utp

                                            and they I'll note that I'd like to see some of it's debugging output
                                            into greater detail and possibly want to apply a filter.

                                            The example was just chosen for fun and bringing bad luck on me. Did not
                                            work for today though, I had some good deals today. :-)

                                            > Load "bible.txt" into NoteTab, and use CTRL-A to select all the text.
                                            > Use NoteAwk's "Find Lines" clip setting SEARCH FOR to "and the lord
                                            > failed", and set LINES THAT to "MATCH". Choose whether you want
                                            > the output to replace the selected or to go into a new document.
                                            > Decide if the search should be case sensitive. Go hit okay.

                                            Your solution is quite good and I think I'll use it when I want to to several
                                            analysis in series in the same output. Then it would be fast. But for a single
                                            occasion when I'm on the commandline already the piping with grep will be the
                                            faster way. But a good set of options you give! Must be recommeded for all more
                                            intense research. :-)

                                            Greetings, Kay

                                            ----
                                          • Cindy
                                            Message 21 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998

                                              Message 22 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                                > Thank you so much for setting up this list! You're a great help to
                                                > all of us :-)
                                                >
                                                > Best regards,
                                                > Eric G.V. Fookes <fookes@...>

                                                It's no problem, honest!!!! I was having notetab list withdrawal
                                                SEVERELY!!! I needed my fix. :)

                                                Message 23 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998

                                                  Message 24 of 24 , Jul 2, 1998
                                                    > Yep, does good now Cindy, thanks. Did you check on shortening up
                                                    > [notetab] while you were there? With the "Re: [Notetab] ADMIN:" I
                                                    > can just about right a whole subject line. :)

                                                    with this particular list, the ony way i can change it is to start
                                                    another list