RE: [NTB] Clear Find Search list

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2010
      You can delete it in the .ini file, or you could probably write a clip to do it for you.

      Regards,
      John
      <http://recipetoolz.com/> http://recipetoolz.com

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
        Hi
        remember that notetab re-writes the ini files when it closes down ,so use
        notepad to edit the file and then reopen notetab .
        THANKYOU DAVE M

        > I ran a search on all messages for this but got an error so I'll post
        > without going through old messages.
        >
        > How does one clear the "Find What" list in the dropdown in the Find dialog
        > box short of editing the .ini file?
        >
        > I would have thought NoteTab Pro would automatically clear that list when
        > the program is closed. How often do you need to go back and find something
        > you searched for a year ago?
        >
        > Regards,
        > Bill Mosca
        > http://www.thatlldoit.com

      • Don Daugherty
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
          I think you can slso edit within NoteTab if you then Save AS with the
          file name prefixed with an Exclamation Point, e.g.,
          Save "NoteTab Pro.ini" as "!NoteTab Pro.ini" Can anyone confirm this
          procedure?

          On 11/6/2010 8:46 AM, Dave wrote:
          > Hi
          > remember that notetab re-writes the ini files when it closes down ,so use
          > notepad to edit the file and then reopen notetab .
        • Eb
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
            One technique to consider for the future is to create a copy of NotePro.ini (or whatever name you use), with all the histories deleted. Then you can in one step restore the ini file to your preferred status.

            Start by assuring that you have NoteTab configured exactly as you like it
            Then load the ini file into NoteTab,
            Save it under a backup name (I use reset.ini)
            Delete the stuff you want to remove,
            Save the file again,
            and finally create a clip (I call the cli "Reset INI") that will load the INI, replace its content with the reset ini, and save it with the bang (i.e. !NoteTab.INI).

            Cheers,

            Eb