Clear Find Search list

  • Bill Mosca
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 5, 2010
      hi all

      I ran a search on all messages for this but got an error so I'll post without going through old messages.

      How does one clear the "Find What" list in the dropdown in the Find dialog box short of editing the .ini file?

      I would have thought NoteTab Pro would automatically clear that list when the program is closed. How often do you need to go back and find something you searched for a year ago?

      Regards,
      Bill Mosca
      http://www.thatlldoit.com
    • John Shotsky
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 5, 2010
        You can delete it in the .ini file, or you could probably write a clip to do it for you.

        Regards,
        John
        <http://recipetoolz.com/> http://recipetoolz.com

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
          Hi
          remember that notetab re-writes the ini files when it closes down ,so use
          notepad to edit the file and then reopen notetab .
          THANKYOU DAVE M

          > I ran a search on all messages for this but got an error so I'll post
          > without going through old messages.
          >
          > How does one clear the "Find What" list in the dropdown in the Find dialog
          > box short of editing the .ini file?
          >
          > I would have thought NoteTab Pro would automatically clear that list when
          > the program is closed. How often do you need to go back and find something
          > you searched for a year ago?
          >
          > Regards,
          > Bill Mosca
          > http://www.thatlldoit.com

        • Don Daugherty
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
            I think you can slso edit within NoteTab if you then Save AS with the
            file name prefixed with an Exclamation Point, e.g.,
            Save "NoteTab Pro.ini" as "!NoteTab Pro.ini" Can anyone confirm this
            procedure?

            On 11/6/2010 8:46 AM, Dave wrote:
            > Hi
            > remember that notetab re-writes the ini files when it closes down ,so use
            > notepad to edit the file and then reopen notetab .
          • Eb
            Message 5 of 5 , Nov 6, 2010
              One technique to consider for the future is to create a copy of NotePro.ini (or whatever name you use), with all the histories deleted. Then you can in one step restore the ini file to your preferred status.

              Start by assuring that you have NoteTab configured exactly as you like it
              Then load the ini file into NoteTab,
              Save it under a backup name (I use reset.ini)
              Delete the stuff you want to remove,
              Save the file again,
              and finally create a clip (I call the cli "Reset INI") that will load the INI, replace its content with the reset ini, and save it with the bang (i.e. !NoteTab.INI).

              Cheers,

              Eb