Re: [NTB] hyperlink question

  • brf1939
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 29, 2010
      Oops, in looking at your message more carefully, I see that you were referring to the readme.otl file rather than the help file, but it appears that they contain exactly the same text about hyperlinks. In neither case do they discuss the possibility of a link to

      outline file/heading/first occurrence of text

      Perhaps it can't be done?

      --------------------------

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Dave" <dmc43959@...> wrote:

      > Hi
      > have a look a the readme.otl file that comes with notetab under hyperlinks.
      > THANKYOU DAVE M
    • Eb
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 29, 2010
        Hyperlinks can have two elements, a filename, and ONE search phrase. Not two search phrases.

        Depending on what you really want, you may be able to do what you need with a clip, since clips are scripts and CAN do multiple steps.
        I suggest you rephrase your needs in terms of end result, rather tna syntax, and ask it in the "clips" group (ntp-clips).

        You CAN design and run a clip that does multiple steps, toward your desired results:

        1. Select a PSEUDO-link of your design, for example
        "filename/heading/target text"
        2. open the target "filename",
        3. open the desired heading,
        4. search for the desired "target text"

        But the steps to do this are off-topic for this group.

        Cheers,

        Eb

        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 29, 2010
          Thanks very much.