Re: Making keywords into domain names

  • Eb
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 20, 2010
      Assuming you have one keyword/phrase per line, just replace all spaces with nothing, Search Menu / Replace, in the search line enter " " without the quotes, in the replace line make sure there is no text or spaces in it, click Replace ALL.

      If you want to do this with only part of the document, select that part, and type the same thing into the search and replace panes.

      Then, if you want to add an extension, such as ".com" just replace the enod of line "^P" with ".com^P"

      Finally, if you want to automate more, ask this question in the clips group, though it may overwhelm you at first.

      Cheers,

      Eb

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "hickory@..." <hickory@...> wrote:

      > I'm new to Note tab Lite but saw someone take the list of keywords they had and with a couple of moves he removed all the spaces in those keywords and was able to copy and paste to see if any of them were available as domains. This would save an unbelievable amount of time so I am very thankful for the answer.
      >
      > Thank you

    • Nat
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 20, 2010
        Thanks Eb for responding

        I highlighted the keywords e.g

        removal tattoo

        tattoo removal

        laser tattoo removal

        tattoo laser removal

        remove tattoo

        tattoo removal cream

        tattoo removal before and after

        Then went to the search tab on the menu and clicked replace.

        Up came all of the keywords in a line and then underneath was "replace with"

        Not sure what you mean by in the search line enter " " without the quotes.

        What I'm looking to do is highlight all the keywords in total then eliminate
        all the spaces.

        You're probably telling me how to do this but I still don't get it.

        Thanks

        Nat

        _____

        Assuming you have one keyword/phrase per line, just replace all spaces with
        nothing, Search Menu / Replace, in the replace line make sure there is no

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com <mailto:notetab%40yahoogroups.com> ,
        "hickory@..." <hickory@...> wrote:

        > I'm new to Note tab Lite but saw someone take the list of keywords they
        had and with a couple of moves he removed all the spaces in those keywords
        and was able to copy and paste to see if any of them were available as
        domains. This would save an unbelievable amount of time so I am very
        thankful for the answer.

        > Thank you

        02:35:00

      • Eb
        Message 3 of 6 , Sep 24, 2010
          At the point where your search pane has the selection highlighted, just type a single space, which will replace the selection.

          Make sure nothing is in the replace pane, and click replace all.

          Whenever you try something new like this, make sure you are working on a copy!

          Cheers,

          Eb

        • hickory@snet.net
          Message 4 of 6 , Sep 24, 2010
            I'll give it another go
            Thanks
            PS I like your email address
            Sent via BlackBerry from T-Mobile

            At the point where your search pane has the selection highlighted, just type a single space, which will replace the selection.

            Make sure nothing is in the replace pane, and click replace all.

            Whenever you try something new like this, make sure you are working on a copy!

            Cheers,

            Eb

            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "Nat" <hickory@...> wrote:

            > Thanks Eb for responding
            >

            > I highlighted the keywords e.g
            >

            > removal tattoo
            >
            > tattoo removal
            >
            > laser tattoo removal
            >
            > tattoo laser removal
            >
            > remove tattoo
            >
            > tattoo removal cream
            >
            > tattoo removal before and after
            >

            > Then went to the search tab on the menu and clicked replace.
            >

            > Up came all of the keywords in a line and then underneath was "replace with"
            >

            > Not sure what you mean by in the search line enter " " without the quotes.
            >

            > What I'm looking to do is highlight all the keywords in total then eliminate
            > all the spaces.
            >

            > You're probably telling me how to do this but I still don't get it.
            >

            > Thanks
            >
            > Nat
            >

            >_____

          • Marcelo Bastos
            Message 5 of 6 , Oct 21, 2010
              Useful free utility:

              http://www.binaryfortress.com/notepadreplacer/

              It claims to take care of all the complicated stuff involved in making
              an alternative text editor, like NoteTab, replace the original anemic
              Windows Notepad.
              --
              MCBastos

              use will be prosecuted under the DMCA.

              -=-=-
              ... Vidi, Vici, Veni: I saw, I conquered, I came