Re: [NTB] Re: Use as Pasteboard function not working for me...... Any ideas?

  • Alec Burgess
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2010
      On 2010-09-16 01:28, ken_winston_caine_author wrote:
      > UPDATE and new question:
      >
      > Update: I downloaded a trial of v. 6.2 Pro and the 'Use as Pasteboard'
      > command is working exactly as it should for me. So the problem was
      > something with my install of 4.95 pro.
      >
      > New Question: What is the path to NotetabPro favorites in v. 6.2? In
      > 4.95 and earlier we had a folder named "Favorites" with a single
      > editable file inside. I was wanting to move that over to the v. 6.2
      > install, however, find no such folder in v. 6.2.
      >
      > So what to do to move over my favorites from 4.95?
      In pre-Notetab 5 all associated sub-folders were inside the %progfiles%
      folder - eg. C:\Program Files\Notetab Light
      Changes in Vista (and subsequently Win-7) restrict access for most
      accounts to C:\Program Files so by default (on WinXP) subfolders
      previously there will now be in C:\Documents and
      Settings\<user>\Application Data\NoteTab Light\Favorites etc.

      Note: equivalent location in Vista and Win-7 is similar. (I think)
      C:\Users\<user>\Application Data\NoteTab Light\Favorites.

      btw: If you are on WinXP and want it the "old" way you can create the
      folder you are going to install into ahead of time and in it either copy
      an old notepro.ini or even a zero-byte empty file *named* notetab.ini.
      When Notetab runs it will look for an existing ini file in its
      %progfiles% and if it finds one expect its subfolders to be located there.

    • ken_winston_caine_author
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 16, 2010
        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

        <snip> so by default (on WinXP) subfolders
        previously there will now be in C:\Documents and
        Settings\<user>\Application Data\NoteTab Light\Favorites etc.
        <snip>

        Perfect. Thank you, Alec. I'll copy my Favorites to there.

        Best,
        ken