Use as Pasteboard function not working for me...... Any ideas?

  • ken_winston_caine_author
    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 15, 2010
      4.95 Pro, full version.

      I create a file to be the pasteboard. Save it. Put the cursor in it. Select 'Use as Pasteboard.' The file's tab turns green.

      I Control-A, Control-C some copy. Nothing happens. Nothing gets pasted to the pasteboard file.

      If I Control-V, what I copied is pasted.

      What am I missing?

      Thanks,
      ken
    • ken_winston_caine_author
      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 15, 2010
        UPDATE and new question:

        Update: I downloaded a trial of v. 6.2 Pro and the 'Use as Pasteboard' command is working exactly as it should for me. So the problem was something with my install of 4.95 pro.

        New Question: What is the path to NotetabPro favorites in v. 6.2? In 4.95 and earlier we had a folder named "Favorites" with a single editable file inside. I was wanting to move that over to the v. 6.2 install, however, find no such folder in v. 6.2.

        So what to do to move over my favorites from 4.95?

        Thanks,
        kwc

        --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, "ken_winston_caine_author" <naturedoc@...> wrote:

        > 4.95 Pro, full version.
        >
        > I create a file to be the pasteboard. Save it. Put the cursor in it. Select 'Use as Pasteboard.' The file's tab turns green.
        >
        > I Control-A, Control-C some copy. Nothing happens. Nothing gets pasted to the pasteboard file.
        >
        > If I Control-V, what I copied is pasted.
        >
        > What am I missing?
        >

        > Thanks,
        > ken

      • Alec Burgess
        Message 3 of 4 , Sep 15, 2010
          On 2010-09-16 01:28, ken_winston_caine_author wrote:
          > UPDATE and new question:
          >
          > Update: I downloaded a trial of v. 6.2 Pro and the 'Use as Pasteboard'
          > command is working exactly as it should for me. So the problem was
          > something with my install of 4.95 pro.
          >
          > New Question: What is the path to NotetabPro favorites in v. 6.2? In
          > 4.95 and earlier we had a folder named "Favorites" with a single
          > editable file inside. I was wanting to move that over to the v. 6.2
          > install, however, find no such folder in v. 6.2.
          >
          > So what to do to move over my favorites from 4.95?
          In pre-Notetab 5 all associated sub-folders were inside the %progfiles%
          folder - eg. C:\Program Files\Notetab Light
          Changes in Vista (and subsequently Win-7) restrict access for most
          accounts to C:\Program Files so by default (on WinXP) subfolders
          previously there will now be in C:\Documents and
          Settings\<user>\Application Data\NoteTab Light\Favorites etc.

          Note: equivalent location in Vista and Win-7 is similar. (I think)
          C:\Users\<user>\Application Data\NoteTab Light\Favorites.

          btw: If you are on WinXP and want it the "old" way you can create the
          folder you are going to install into ahead of time and in it either copy
          an old notepro.ini or even a zero-byte empty file *named* notetab.ini.
          When Notetab runs it will look for an existing ini file in its
          %progfiles% and if it finds one expect its subfolders to be located there.

        • ken_winston_caine_author
          Message 4 of 4 , Sep 16, 2010
            --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Alec Burgess <buralex@...> wrote:

            <snip> so by default (on WinXP) subfolders
            previously there will now be in C:\Documents and
            Settings\<user>\Application Data\NoteTab Light\Favorites etc.
            <snip>

            Perfect. Thank you, Alec. I'll copy my Favorites to there.

            Best,
            ken