Re: [NTB] Re: Proper text coding for using in Excel to prevent the HTMLcode fr

  • Sheri
    Message 1 of 6 , Sep 10, 2010
      On 9/10/2010 8:50 AM, Get Sprays wrote:
      > Hello Pete,
      >
      > thanks for the reply.
      >
      > i do not have to use NT but it would be helpful.
      >
      > what i am trying to do is copy HTML code from my source and paste into one
      > Excel cell (one line with no wrapping or execution of the code). MS Word
      > allows me to do this for some reason. I have tried several formats within NT
      > with no success yet.
      >
      > I know that i have to remove the new paragraphs (^p) even in MS Word or not.
      >
      > does that make sense now?

      No experience with Excel 2010, but if you want everything in one cell as
      text, I would think you would need to be editing the one cell in Excel
      (F2), press the apostrophe (') to indicate you are entering text, and
      then paste (Ctrl-V). If that doesn't work, you might want to look at the
      Paste Special options (to Paste as Text).

      Regards,
      Sheri
    • Get Sprays
      Message 2 of 6 , Sep 16, 2010
        the files from NT are the only ones doing this.

        by execute i mean when i paste teh html code i get the full display of teh
        code as if on a web page, etc.

        thanks,
        billy

        On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 9:12 AM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

        > If the line wraps in Excel, you have it set in Excel to do so. I don't know
        > what you mean by
        > executing. I have no problem pasting HTML into Excel 2007. Each row pastes
        > into a separate row, and
        > it stays within one cell on that row. It obeys tabs, though, so it might
        > not always show up in
        > column 1.
        >
        > Paste a few lines of YOUR problematic html into THIS email message so we
        > can see what you're trying
        > to paste.
        >
        > Regards,
        > John