Re: [NTB] carbonite will not back up files with ~ character but I want incremental backups

  • Art Kocsis
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 9, 2010
      Looks like it's hard coded:
      NTB 4.95: filename.~001
      NTB 5.80: ~filename[001].txt
      NTB 6.12: ~filename[001].txt

      I hadn't noticed the change as I always just use the *.bak mode.
      I can understand the change from *.bak to *[nnn].* as it preserves
      the original file extension and avoids conflicts but to also add a
      leading "~" seems irresponsible as it separates all of the backup
      names from the original name and adds an unnecessary char to
      the filename. Backup naming needs to be rethought and/or we
      need more control of the behavior.

      Namaste', Art