Re: [NTB] carbonite will not back up files with ~ character but I want incremental backups

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 8, 2010
      On 9/8/2010 12:23 PM, alltimefav3000 wrote:
      > how to change the backup for
      >
      > filename.txt

      > filename.001.txt
      > filename.002.txt
      > filename.003.txt
      >
      > so that there is no ~ character or []

      In what context/situation are you getting filenames involving "~" and/or "[]"?
    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 9, 2010
        Looks like it's hard coded:
        NTB 4.95: filename.~001
        NTB 5.80: ~filename[001].txt
        NTB 6.12: ~filename[001].txt

        I hadn't noticed the change as I always just use the *.bak mode.
        I can understand the change from *.bak to *[nnn].* as it preserves
        the original file extension and avoids conflicts but to also add a
        leading "~" seems irresponsible as it separates all of the backup
        names from the original name and adds an unnecessary char to
        the filename. Backup naming needs to be rethought and/or we
        need more control of the behavior.

        Namaste', Art