Re: [NTB] Proper text coding for using in Excel to prevent the HTML code from displaying?

  • Get Sprays
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 6, 2010
      i attached files to previous email but i do not know if that is allowed in
      forum. pls. let me know if you get them.

      thanks,
      billy

      On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

      > As I mentioned earlier, you can eliminate that possibility by copying the
      > text from one doc and
      > pasting to a new one, then saving it, with the default save as Dos/Windows.
      > I have had to do that on
      > many occasions. If it works, you know that is what the problem was. It is a
      > VERY simple
      > troubleshooting step, and can also just let you get on with your chore.
      >
      > Regards,
      > John

      Get Sprays - William
      getsprays.wtj@...
      Georgia, USA

    • Greg Chapman
      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 6, 2010
        Hi Get,

        On 06 Sep 10 12:06 Get Sprays <getsprays.wtj@...> said:
        > i attached files to previous email but i do not know if that is
        > allowed in forum. pls. let me know if you get them.

        No attachments are allowed on this list - not even additional HTML
        parts! Hence this appended to your text:

        (If you're seeing HTML from the list it's because you have not changed
        the default setting that allows Yahoo to to change it back to HTML so
        they can send you lots of graphic ridden adverts!)

        Greg
      • Greg Chapman
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 6, 2010
          Hi Get,

          On 06 Sep 10 16:59 Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> said:
          > No attachments are allowed on this lis

          I meant to add...

          You need to upload files that demonstrate your issue at:

          Greg
        • Get Sprays
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 7, 2010
            wha tis teh best way to pass code back to someone as someone asked me to
            post the code for review.

            thanks,
            billy

            --
            Get Sprays - William
            getsprays.wtj@...

          • John Shotsky
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 7, 2010
              Did you TRY what I said?

              Regards,
              John

              Please find several files for review. thanks for the help.

              later,
              billy

              On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

              > As I mentioned earlier, you can eliminate that possibility by copying the
              > text from one doc and
              > pasting to a new one, then saving it, with the default save as Dos/Windows.
              > I have had to do that on
              > many occasions. If it works, you know that is what the problem was. It is a
              > VERY simple
              > troubleshooting step, and can also just let you get on with your chore.
              >
              > Regards,
              > John

              ----------

              size="3"><font style="color: rgb(153, 51, 0);" size="4">MAX Professional™ 1113 Blow Off™ General
              Purpose Air Duster Cleaner, BO-111-113 (8 oz)</font></font><font style="font-family: trebuchet
              ms,sans-serif; font-style: italic;" size="3"><span style="font-weight: bold;"><font style="color:
              style="font-weight: bold;">Blow Off™ General Purpose Air Duster, Flammable 8 oz</span></font> <span
              style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">removes dust, dirt and microscopic debris from hard to
              reach areas of home and office equipment. It's ozone safe.</span><br><span style="font-family:
              style="font-weight: bold;">Recommended For:</span> Computers </span><span style="font-family:
              trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">• </span><span style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">Keyboards •
              Sewing Machines • Photo Equipment • Cash Registers • Printers • Fax Machines • Copiers • Telephones
              • Lab Equipment • TVs • VCR • Typewriters • Vacuums • Scanners • Stereos • Watches • Clocks •
              Mailing Machines • Fans • Audio Equipment • Electric Razors • Sports Equipment • Musical Instruments
              style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif;"><font style="color: rgb(102, 102, 102);" size="2">UPC:
              0, 0); font-style: italic;">Restrictions On VOC Compounds Shipping Into The State Of
              size="2" face="Trebuchet MS">This spray product contains VOC compounds and meets the State of
              California Standards (Prop65) and therefore cannot be shipped into the State of
              interested, please contact MAX-Tech-Sprays™ via email for more details on the shipping of this
              ----------

              <!DOCTYPE html MAX-Tech-Sprays™ ©2010 "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
              ms,sans-serif; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;" size="3"><font style="color: rgb(153, 51,
              0);" size="4">MAX-Professional™ 1113 Blow Off™ General Purpose Air Duster Cleaner, BO-111-113 (8
              oz)</font></font><font style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif; font-style: italic;"
              size="3"><span style="font-weight: bold;"><font style="color: rgb(153, 51, 0);"
              style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif; font-style: italic;" size="3"><span style="font-weight:
              bold;">Blow Off™ General Purpose Air Duster, Flammable 8 oz</span></font> <span
              style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">removes dust, dirt and microscopic debris from hard to
              trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">Keyboards • Sewing Machines • Photo Equipment • Cash
              Registers • Printers • Fax Machines • Copiers • Telephones • Lab Equipment
              • TVs • VCR • Typewriters • Vacuums • Scanners • Stereos •
              Watches • Clocks • Mailing Machines • Fans • Audio Equipment • Electric
              Razors • Sports Equipment • Musical Instruments • Guns • Desk
              102);" size="2"><span style="font-family: trebuchet
              ms,sans-serif;"><font style="color: rgb(102, 102, 102);" size="2">UPC: 752080111113<br>Pkg: 8 oz
              MS"><strong><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-style: italic;">Restrictions On VOC Compounds
              font-weight: bold;"><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS"><b>This spray product contains VOC compounds
              and meets the State of California Standards (Prop65) and therefore cannot be shipped into the State
              you are interested, please contact MAX-Tech-Sprays™ via email for more details on the shipping

            • Get Sprays
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 10, 2010
                I have not been able to determine what format within NT to use so it will
                directly paste into one line in an Excel call. With Word I do not have to
                even save the file. i drop it in Word and ^C and then ^V into an Excel cell
                and it works.

                have you been able to repeat what i am seeing?

                how can i get attached files to you? the forum will not allow me to do so.

                sorry but what steps did you ask me to try? I think i did try them.

                thanks,
                billy

                On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:21 AM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

                > Did you TRY what I said?
                >
                > Regards,
                > John

                Get Sprays - William
                getsprays.wtj@...
                Georgia, USA

              • Get Sprays
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 10, 2010
                  Hello John,

                  I just tried the test again and it also displays the HTML code. What i need
                  is teh code to stay on one line and not to execute.

                  to be sure i did what you ask: i saved the HTML code within NT as ascii/DOS
                  text. that was the closest format to DOS/Windows I saw in the Save As
                  option.

                  what do you think/

                  Get Sprays - William
                  getsprays.wtj@...