RE: [NTB] Proper text coding for using in Excel to prevent the HTML code from displaying?

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 16 , Sep 2, 2010
      As I mentioned earlier, you can eliminate that possibility by copying the text from one doc and
      pasting to a new one, then saving it, with the default save as Dos/Windows. I have had to do that on
      many occasions. If it works, you know that is what the problem was. It is a VERY simple
      troubleshooting step, and can also just let you get on with your chore.

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 16 , Sep 6, 2010
        Please find several files for review. thanks for the help.

        later,
        billy

        On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

        > As I mentioned earlier, you can eliminate that possibility by copying the
        > text from one doc and
        > pasting to a new one, then saving it, with the default save as Dos/Windows.
        > I have had to do that on
        > many occasions. If it works, you know that is what the problem was. It is a
        > VERY simple
        > troubleshooting step, and can also just let you get on with your chore.
        >
        > Regards,
        > John

        Get Sprays - William
        getsprays.wtj@...
        Georgia, USA

        ----------

        ----------

      • Get Sprays
        Message 3 of 16 , Sep 6, 2010
          i attached files to previous email but i do not know if that is allowed in
          forum. pls. let me know if you get them.

          thanks,

        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 16 , Sep 6, 2010
            Hi Get,

            On 06 Sep 10 12:06 Get Sprays <getsprays.wtj@...> said:
            > i attached files to previous email but i do not know if that is
            > allowed in forum. pls. let me know if you get them.

            No attachments are allowed on this list - not even additional HTML
            parts! Hence this appended to your text:

            (If you're seeing HTML from the list it's because you have not changed
            the default setting that allows Yahoo to to change it back to HTML so
            they can send you lots of graphic ridden adverts!)

            Greg
          • Greg Chapman
            Message 5 of 16 , Sep 6, 2010
              Hi Get,

              On 06 Sep 10 16:59 Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> said:
              > No attachments are allowed on this lis

              I meant to add...

              You need to upload files that demonstrate your issue at:

              Greg
            • Get Sprays
              Message 6 of 16 , Sep 7, 2010
                wha tis teh best way to pass code back to someone as someone asked me to
                post the code for review.

                thanks,
                billy

                --
                Get Sprays - William
                getsprays.wtj@...

              • John Shotsky
                Message 7 of 16 , Sep 7, 2010
                  Did you TRY what I said?

                  Regards,
                  John

                  Please find several files for review. thanks for the help.

                  later,
                  billy

                  On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:16 PM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

                  > As I mentioned earlier, you can eliminate that possibility by copying the
                  > text from one doc and
                  > pasting to a new one, then saving it, with the default save as Dos/Windows.
                  > I have had to do that on
                  > many occasions. If it works, you know that is what the problem was. It is a
                  > VERY simple
                  > troubleshooting step, and can also just let you get on with your chore.
                  >
                  > Regards,
                  > John

                  size="3"><font style="color: rgb(153, 51, 0);" size="4">MAX Professional™ 1113 Blow Off™ General
                  Purpose Air Duster Cleaner, BO-111-113 (8 oz)</font></font><font style="font-family: trebuchet
                  ms,sans-serif; font-style: italic;" size="3"><span style="font-weight: bold;"><font style="color:
                  style="font-weight: bold;">Blow Off™ General Purpose Air Duster, Flammable 8 oz</span></font> <span
                  style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">removes dust, dirt and microscopic debris from hard to
                  reach areas of home and office equipment. It's ozone safe.</span><br><span style="font-family:
                  style="font-weight: bold;">Recommended For:</span> Computers </span><span style="font-family:
                  trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">• </span><span style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">Keyboards •
                  Sewing Machines • Photo Equipment • Cash Registers • Printers • Fax Machines • Copiers • Telephones
                  • Lab Equipment • TVs • VCR • Typewriters • Vacuums • Scanners • Stereos • Watches • Clocks •
                  Mailing Machines • Fans • Audio Equipment • Electric Razors • Sports Equipment • Musical Instruments
                  style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif;"><font style="color: rgb(102, 102, 102);" size="2">UPC:
                  0, 0); font-style: italic;">Restrictions On VOC Compounds Shipping Into The State Of
                  size="2" face="Trebuchet MS">This spray product contains VOC compounds and meets the State of
                  California Standards (Prop65) and therefore cannot be shipped into the State of
                  interested, please contact MAX-Tech-Sprays™ via email for more details on the shipping of this
                  ----------

                  <!DOCTYPE html MAX-Tech-Sprays™ ©2010 "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.01
                  ms,sans-serif; font-style: italic; font-weight: bold;" size="3"><font style="color: rgb(153, 51,
                  0);" size="4">MAX-Professional™ 1113 Blow Off™ General Purpose Air Duster Cleaner, BO-111-113 (8
                  oz)</font></font><font style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif; font-style: italic;"
                  size="3"><span style="font-weight: bold;"><font style="color: rgb(153, 51, 0);"
                  style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif; font-style: italic;" size="3"><span style="font-weight:
                  bold;">Blow Off™ General Purpose Air Duster, Flammable 8 oz</span></font> <span
                  style="font-family: trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">removes dust, dirt and microscopic debris from hard to
                  trebuchet ms,sans-serif;">Keyboards • Sewing Machines • Photo Equipment • Cash
                  Registers • Printers • Fax Machines • Copiers • Telephones • Lab Equipment
                  • TVs • VCR • Typewriters • Vacuums • Scanners • Stereos •
                  Watches • Clocks • Mailing Machines • Fans • Audio Equipment • Electric
                  Razors • Sports Equipment • Musical Instruments • Guns • Desk
                  102);" size="2"><span style="font-family: trebuchet
                  ms,sans-serif;"><font style="color: rgb(102, 102, 102);" size="2">UPC: 752080111113<br>Pkg: 8 oz
                  MS"><strong><span style="color: rgb(255, 0, 0); font-style: italic;">Restrictions On VOC Compounds
                  font-weight: bold;"><font size="2" face="Trebuchet MS"><b>This spray product contains VOC compounds
                  and meets the State of California Standards (Prop65) and therefore cannot be shipped into the State
                  you are interested, please contact MAX-Tech-Sprays™ via email for more details on the shipping

                • Get Sprays
                  Message 8 of 16 , Sep 10, 2010
                    I have not been able to determine what format within NT to use so it will
                    directly paste into one line in an Excel call. With Word I do not have to
                    even save the file. i drop it in Word and ^C and then ^V into an Excel cell
                    and it works.

                    have you been able to repeat what i am seeing?

                    how can i get attached files to you? the forum will not allow me to do so.

                    sorry but what steps did you ask me to try? I think i did try them.

                    thanks,
                    billy

                    On Tue, Sep 7, 2010 at 11:21 AM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

                    > Did you TRY what I said?
                    >
                    > Regards,
                    > John

                    Get Sprays - William
                    getsprays.wtj@...
                    Georgia, USA

                  • Get Sprays
                    Message 9 of 16 , Sep 10, 2010
                      Hello John,

                      I just tried the test again and it also displays the HTML code. What i need
                      is teh code to stay on one line and not to execute.

                      to be sure i did what you ask: i saved the HTML code within NT as ascii/DOS
                      text. that was the closest format to DOS/Windows I saw in the Save As
                      option.

                      what do you think/

                      Get Sprays - William
                      getsprays.wtj@...