Need to make corrections to a folder of files - Clips the answer?

  • Wiiliam
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 28, 2010
      Hello all,

      I am new to clips and only have slight use of NoteTab (NT Pro 6).

      i have a lot of files that need similar corrections and mods applied. most are the same replacemnet and am using Replace now but is too slow.

      Is Clips the best approach to this process? I downloaded ClipWriter Trial already.

      how are these clips executed? (i am using W7) command line or from within NT?

      what is a good 'jump-start' to read and review on NT and ClipWriter?

      thanks,
      William
    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 28, 2010
        Hi Wiiliam,

        >i have a lot of files that need similar corrections and mods
        >applied. most are the same replacemnet and am using Replace now but
        >is too slow.
        >
        >Is Clips the best approach to this process? I downloaded ClipWriter
        >Trial already.

        Welcome. :-)

        You could use a clip, but have you noticed that Replace can work on
        all open documents (check the box labeled "All Documents" in the
        Replace dialogue). There's also Disk Search (on the Search Menu or
        Ctrl+D). With that you can replace strings in disk files, i.e. you
        don't even need to open them.

        Lotta
      • sisterscape
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 28, 2010
          Use Disk Search carefully and before you do, you might want to back up the files so you can start over if things go south. :)

          > >i have a lot of files that need similar corrections and
          > mods
          > >applied.  most are the same replacemnet and am
          > using Replace now but
          > >is too slow.
          > >
          > >Is Clips the best approach to this process? I
          > downloaded ClipWriter
          > >Trial already.
          >
          > Welcome. :-)
          >
          > You could use a clip, but have you noticed that Replace can
          > work on
          > all open documents (check the box labeled "All Documents"
          > in the
          > Replace dialogue). There's also Disk Search (on the Search
          > Menu or
          > Ctrl+D). With that you can replace strings in disk files,
          > i.e. you
          > don't even need to open them.
          >
          > Lotta

          >     notetab-fullfeatured@yahoogroups.com

        • Greg Chapman
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 28, 2010
            Hi Sisterscape.

            On 28 Aug 10 16:36 sisterscape <sisterscape@...> said:
            > Use Disk Search carefully and before you do, you might want to back
            > up the files so you can start over if things go south. :)

            Strange but true! Here in the UK, things go West, not South, when
            utterly broken.

            Do you live at the North pole? :-)

            Glad to see your mailbox is back under control.

            Greg