Re: [NTB] Easiest way to remove NL/CR or ^p from HTML code for use in Excel?

  • loro
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 27, 2010
      At 15:15 2010-08-26, Wiiliam wrote:
      >What is the easiest way to remove NL/CR or ^p from HTML code for use
      >in Excel? I am presently using Word with 'Find/Replace' using ^p as
      >the search key and it works but is real slow and I have many to do! Help!

      You can do it with a few menu commands, how many depends on how picky
      you are, if you want to get rid of whitespace. Take a look at Modify
      | Lines | Join Lines .

      You should do the below first. If you have blank lines, you will end
      up with several paragraphs when you use Join Lines, so they have to go..

      To get rid of blank lines: select all and then Modify | Lines |
      Compress. Repeat until there are no blank lines left.

      If you want to get rid of unnecessary whitespace, you can remove
      indents if your markup is prettified: select all then Modify | Spaces
      | Tabs to spaces . Follow up with Modify | Lines | Unindent . Repeat
      the last manoeuvre until all indentions are gone.

      Maybe you also need Modify | Lines | Trim Blanks, that removes
      trailing spaces.

      There may already be toolbar buttons for some of these commands, or
      you can make them appear, at least most of them.

      Instead of Join Lines you can do what you did in Word. Search for ^P
      and replace all. It won't be slow in Notetab.

      Lotta