Re: [NTB] Easiest way to remove NL/CR or ^p from HTML code for use in Excel?

  • Get Sprays
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26 3:54 PM
      thanks. how do i run this clip? i copied the code you listed and saved in
      a new clip, correct? then how do i run teh clip over teh html code of
      concern?

      i am new to this sort of thing.

      thnaks,
      billy

      On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

      > \R is the generic form of any of the three combinations of CR's and LF's.
      > So if you replace \R with
      > nothing, they will all be gone. If you have actual ^p's in the code, you'd
      > need to find \^p
      > <file:///\\p> case insensitive and replace with nothing.
      >
      > A clip to do both would look like:
      > ^!Replace "(\^p|\R)" >> "" AIRSTW
      >
      > Regards,
      > John

      Get Sprays - William
      getsprays.wtj@...
      Georgia, USA

    • loro
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 27 10:56 AM
        At 15:15 2010-08-26, Wiiliam wrote:
        >What is the easiest way to remove NL/CR or ^p from HTML code for use
        >in Excel? I am presently using Word with 'Find/Replace' using ^p as
        >the search key and it works but is real slow and I have many to do! Help!

        You can do it with a few menu commands, how many depends on how picky
        you are, if you want to get rid of whitespace. Take a look at Modify
        | Lines | Join Lines .

        You should do the below first. If you have blank lines, you will end
        up with several paragraphs when you use Join Lines, so they have to go..

        To get rid of blank lines: select all and then Modify | Lines |
        Compress. Repeat until there are no blank lines left.

        If you want to get rid of unnecessary whitespace, you can remove
        indents if your markup is prettified: select all then Modify | Spaces
        | Tabs to spaces . Follow up with Modify | Lines | Unindent . Repeat
        the last manoeuvre until all indentions are gone.

        Maybe you also need Modify | Lines | Trim Blanks, that removes
        trailing spaces.

        There may already be toolbar buttons for some of these commands, or
        you can make them appear, at least most of them.

        Instead of Join Lines you can do what you did in Word. Search for ^P
        and replace all. It won't be slow in Notetab.

        Lotta