RE: [NTB] Easiest way to remove NL/CR or ^p from HTML code for use in Excel?

  • John Shotsky
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 26, 2010
      \R is the generic form of any of the three combinations of CR's and LF's. So if you replace \R with
      nothing, they will all be gone. If you have actual ^p's in the code, you'd need to find \^p
      <file:///\\p> case insensitive and replace with nothing.

      A clip to do both would look like:
      ^!Replace "(\^p|\R)" >> "" AIRSTW

      Regards,
      John

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 26, 2010
        thanks. how do i run this clip? i copied the code you listed and saved in
        a new clip, correct? then how do i run teh clip over teh html code of
        concern?

        i am new to this sort of thing.

        thnaks,
        billy

        On Thu, Aug 26, 2010 at 4:35 PM, John Shotsky <jshotsky@...> wrote:

        > \R is the generic form of any of the three combinations of CR's and LF's.
        > So if you replace \R with
        > nothing, they will all be gone. If you have actual ^p's in the code, you'd
        > need to find \^p
        > <file:///\\p> case insensitive and replace with nothing.
        >
        > A clip to do both would look like:
        > ^!Replace "(\^p|\R)" >> "" AIRSTW
        >
        > Regards,
        > John

        Get Sprays - William
        getsprays.wtj@...
        Georgia, USA

      • loro
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 27, 2010
          At 15:15 2010-08-26, Wiiliam wrote:
          >What is the easiest way to remove NL/CR or ^p from HTML code for use
          >in Excel? I am presently using Word with 'Find/Replace' using ^p as
          >the search key and it works but is real slow and I have many to do! Help!

          You can do it with a few menu commands, how many depends on how picky
          you are, if you want to get rid of whitespace. Take a look at Modify
          | Lines | Join Lines .

          You should do the below first. If you have blank lines, you will end
          up with several paragraphs when you use Join Lines, so they have to go..

          To get rid of blank lines: select all and then Modify | Lines |
          Compress. Repeat until there are no blank lines left.

          If you want to get rid of unnecessary whitespace, you can remove
          indents if your markup is prettified: select all then Modify | Spaces
          | Tabs to spaces . Follow up with Modify | Lines | Unindent . Repeat
          the last manoeuvre until all indentions are gone.

          Maybe you also need Modify | Lines | Trim Blanks, that removes
          trailing spaces.

          There may already be toolbar buttons for some of these commands, or
          you can make them appear, at least most of them.

          Instead of Join Lines you can do what you did in Word. Search for ^P
          and replace all. It won't be slow in Notetab.

          Lotta