Re: [NTB] Text file encoding

  • Don Daugherty
    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 28, 2010
      On 7/27/2010 7:20 AM, Chris McLean wrote:
      > I view text files on a Cowon J3 digital media player, and possibly because it is Korean made and designed originally for Korean characters, ANSI text files do not display correctly (some basic characters such as ' " - _ are entirely missing.) However, text files saved in Unicode display correctly. I cannot see anywhere in Notetab lite where I can choose whether to save files in ANSI or Unicode format. At the moment I am editing files in Notetab, then opening them and saving them with the desired encoding in Notepad. Can anyone tell me how to select the desired encoding type in Notetab Lite?
      I seem to remember that Eric is working on a Unicode editor. In the
      meantime, maybe you could write a NoteTab Clip that you could invoke,
      while editing in NoteTab, that will copy the entire body of text, open
      Notepad, and through ^!Keyboard commands paste in the copied text, save
      as Unicode, and then jump back to NoteTab for possible further editing.