Installing Mailbag assistant to run under Wine

  • gordensmith17
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 13, 2010
      I contacted Fookes to ask about problems I am having installing Mailbag Assistant to run on a Linux based system under Wine. They suggested I try here as this group was more active than the Mailbag Assistant group.

      I have a linux based box Fedora 13 64bit running and Wine 1.138 installed. (Wine 1.138 is part of the Fedora 13 repository). When I tried to install Mailbag Assistant I got error messages re Memory allocation and some others. Any way at the end of it Wine would not run at all and I had to un-install it and re install.

      Question. has anyone installed and run sucessfully Mailbag Assistant to run under Wine.

      Fookes told me they could not help but their download web page says "Our products all run on:
      Windows 95 / 98 / 2000 / 2003 / NT4 / ME / XP / Vista / Windows 7, or Mac OS / Linux in conjunction with Wine. Both 32-bit and 64-bit operating systems are supported."

      They indicated I should try here to see if any one can assist.
      If some one has has managed to install Mailbag Assistant and got it running can they please advise the procedure for doing so and what modifications are necessary in wine to get it running.

      I have looked at the Wine Database and can not see it listed.
      I do not know enough about programming etc to be able to even know where to start to try and get it going

      Any assistance would be much appreciated

      Thanks