Re: [NTB] notetab lite 6.2

  • afwritor
    Message 1 of 10 , Jul 7, 2010
      i usually accept the defaults, and so i didn't notice the choices that are usually there.

      --- In notetab@yahoogroups.com, Greg Chapman <gregchapmanuk@...> wrote:

      > Hi,
      >
      > On 07 Jul 10 20:33 "afwritor" <afwritor@...> said:
      > > i told notetabs to save them as txt files, but i missed the part
      > > where i could direct it to save them in a folder of my choice. i
      > > will have to look for that option. this may be the cause of the
      > > problem that the original poster had as well.
      >
      > I'm just talking about the standard windows "Save as" dialogue, which
      > always asks the three standard querstions:
      >
      > Which folder?
      > What name?
      > What file type?
      >
      > Nothing special.
      >
      > EDIT: Oops! Just read your follow up and see that you seem to have
      > cracked it.
      >
      > FURTHER: I think I recall that NoteTab normally remembers the last
      > used "Save as" folder for new files and, of course, brings up the
      > source folder when doing a "Save as" on an existing file.
      >
      > Greg

    • Art Kocsis
      Message 2 of 10 , Jul 7, 2010
        This does not sound right.

        As Greg said, C:\Program Files\ is meant strictly for program files.
        Depending on your OS,
        it might even require administrative rights to save files to or access that
        folder. Did you even see the "C:\Program Files\" folder in Explorer?

        I see that you have solved the direct problem by saving your files in a
        more appropriate folder
        but in case you are curious (I am), as to where the files were originally
        stored, try this:

        To find the true location of your original problem file, open it and insert
        a unique short character string (you can delete it later) and save the
        file. Then go to Windows Search (or Find), either via the Start menu or
        WindowsKey-F, and choose "Search all files & folders". Look in all your
        "local Drives" and search for a "word or phrase in the file". [The actual
        menu titles may vary depending on your OS but the functions remain the
        same.] Copy and paste the unique string created above into the search box.
        This will ensure that you find the file in question and not other versions.
        Click on the "Advanced options" and check:

        Search system folders
        Search hidden files & folders
        Search subfolders

        Then start the search. It may take a while but eventually windows should
        find it. When the search is finished, right click on the file name and
        choose "Properties". The "Location:" will show the true file path which you
        can copy and paste into Explorer. Note the values of "Attributes:". If
        "Hidden" is checked you will need to go to Explorer Tools | Folder Options
        | View and check "Show hidden files & folders". If the hidden attribute is
        checked and the "show hidden files" was not that would explain why Ecplorer
        would not display the file. However, then neither should have Notetab found it.

        Let us know the results.

        Namaste', Art