bug: jumping to another line

  • c_b_ade
    Message 1 of 2 , Jun 20, 2010
      There seems to be a bug in 'NoteTab light' that didn't go away since version about 4. After some editing - notably after some backward erasing - the focus jumps eratically to another line so that other text is overwritten. The bug is not clearly reproducible, but happens from time to time. The program would be very perfect without this bug ...
    • stevetbon1
      Message 2 of 2 , Jun 21, 2010
        I've been using Notetab Light (4.95 now) since about 2003 and can confirm that this bug exists. Fortunately it usually occurs very soon after starting to edit a file. At the point that you notice the cursor has jumped to another random line and is overwriting existing content, it is too late -- there is no way to get the cursor to cooperate.

        The only way out is to close the file without saving, and reopen the file. The original unedited file is fine. It now behaves normally, but human nature makes you want to save often for the rest of that day.

        I encounter this problem only once in perhaps 100 or more file editing sessions, so not a big deal.

        regards
        Steve in Thunder Bay, Ontario

        p.s. Why haven't I upgraded NT? Because it otherwise works very well and has all the features I need to run several websites with all manual coding. Just love the program.