trouble scrolling

  • turtlelaughter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 18, 2010
      I have Notepad Standard and just upgraded to 6.2. I'm having trouble getting my mice to scroll. It is only happening in Notetab and doesn't seem to be happening in any other app.

      OS is Windows Vista 64-bit. Just doing a rebuild of my HD.

      I've tried two different cordless optical mice. Get the same result.

      Any ideas what I can do to fix this. I'm absolutely wedded to Notetab. I've got to get this working again.
    • Alec Burgess
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 18, 2010
        On 2010-06-18 18:11, turtlelaughter wrote:
        > I have Notepad Standard and just upgraded to 6.2. I'm having trouble getting my mice to scroll. It is only happening in Notetab and doesn't seem to be happening in any other app.
        >
        > OS is Windows Vista 64-bit. Just doing a rebuild of my HD.
        >
        > I've tried two different cordless optical mice. Get the same result.
        >
        > Any ideas what I can do to fix this. I'm absolutely wedded to Notetab. I've got to get this working again.

        If you search the archives you'll find past discussion about this. (look
        for KatMouse).
        http://ehiti.de/katmouse/

        > Purpose
        >
        > The prime purpose of the KatMouse utility is to enhance the
        > functionality of mice with a scroll wheel, offering 'universal'
        > scrolling: moving the mouse wheel will scroll the window directly
        > beneath the mouse cursor (not the one with the keyboard focus, which
        > is default on Windows OSes). This is a major increase in the
        > usefullness of the mouse wheel.
        >
        > Another feature involves the wheel button. Since the wheel button is
        > not consistently used in Windows, KatMouse can use it for a kind of
        > task switching: with a click of the wheel button you can push a window
        > to the buttom of the stack of windows that is your desktop, making a
        > recovered window the active window.

        It doesn't seem to make ALL panes of Notetab scrollable but overall does
        a pretty good job with Notetab and also many other applications.

        Regards ... Alec

      • turtlelaughter
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 28, 2010
          Thanks so much for your help. Your solution worked well.